Other Games

My first love in computer gaming was the Mechwarrior Series. I played the hell out of NetMech(from MW2) for years and competed in ladders and full on community driven galaxy battles in the battletech universe. Unfortunately the series has declined over the years, especially once Microshaft bought the franchise out but the community is still strong. I bring this up because I'm really excited to see it finally coming back.

Mechwarrior Online by Piranha Games looks extremely promising as a suitable successor to the original Mechwarrior series and dying to get back into it. Not to mention it get now getting supprt from Razer in the form of the Artemis. Its looking up, hopefully I'll get into the beta and see for myself soon!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than TES (at least until this year) I am really an MMORPG gamer.

[That has included: EQ, EQ2, GW, Vanguard, WoW, AoC, LotRO]

Unfortunately, due to the dire 'shallow' state of modern MMOs generally there is nothing myself and my Guild have active :( Very depressing tbh.

So... pushed into the loneliness of the long distance solo gamer I've been amusing myself with Kingdoms of Amalur (RIP 38 Studios & *Copernicus*), Diablo 3, and of course Skyrim. I can't really enjoy FPSs anymore as the reflexes just aren't there :P Anyway I like to immerse and 'live' my games rather than just consume them.

A list of previously played would pretty much echo Frihyland's with just a few additions, so I won't bother :)

Dude, me and my RL friends are in the same rut: all the current MMOs suck.  It'd be really nice to have a solid, new game to jump into, but honestly I don't even have much hope for GW2 at this point.  

The problem with MMOs these days are they cater to the least common denominator (because they want more subs). It's impossible to get a complex and amazing RPG experience anymore outside the single player experience like Skyrim.

I soooo miss the first 2 years of World of Warcraft, I was in a awesome RP guild that raided and pvp'd in character on ventrilo. Those were the days when loot was hard to come by, monsters hard to kill and pvp new and exciting. /reminisce

I'm dreaming of a renaissance when TES Online comes out :fingerscrossed:

I soooo miss the first 2 years of World of Warcraft, I was in a awesome RP guild that raided and pvp'd in character on ventrilo. Those were the days when loot was hard to come by, monsters hard to kill and pvp new and exciting. /reminisce

I'm dreaming of a renaissance when TES Online comes out :fingerscrossed:

Good luck, if it's like Skyrim all you gotta do is hit up the Alchemy table to obtain infinite $$$... remember TES Online really is based on the VANILLA experience not the modded experience with difficult battles and balanced crafting.

The actual mechanics of everything is completely new, just the design is based off Morrowind and Oblivion then later updated to Skyrim.  I am really liking their concepts for gameplay and loot, they haven't really discussed how they are handling economics yet.

I like the live action costumed rp, never played the pc version or even heard of it really :P

I'd love to play a well made vampire game though, I am pretty unsure of how dawnguard is gonna go, but the best vampire game I have played ever so far was Morrowind.

I absolutely love Civ, but have not played much in past year. I have Civ 5 now, but am not convinced that I like it yet. There are some fundamental changes that I am not sure I can get along with.

I LOVED Civ 2 :yes: Aside from the graphics, that may have been my favorite game style.

I really like Halo as well, but MP is tough competition ...

Bioshock was pretty amazing (and disturbing).

I really liked the very first MS combat flight simulator. Totally awesome.

Unreal tournament was great, and of course... Quake. I was pretty much introduced to Gaming on Quake and Quake II. MP was the BEST (anyone ever use the grappling hook in Q2?)

No fans of Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines?? Played it soon after it came out when it was a buggy mess then again a couiple of years ago once the community had fixed it.

Yes! Big fan at the time :) Seriously flawed but very atmospheric with a quality storyline as far as it went. I'm not a great Vampire fan, it's a genre that has become very devalued thanks to the whole "Interview", "Angel", "Twilight" nonsense.

I'm more of a "Dusk til Dawn", "30 Days of Night" type :)

I absolutely love Civ' date='[/quote']

For some reason that comes as no surprise ;) My guild leader on the Isle of Man is very much the same :D

Quake, Unreal, and Halflife were my introductions to PC gaming which I started late due to the (then) costs. I came the ZXSpectrum/Amstrad/Amiga route and had already been hooked by the Adventure/MUD/RPG bug so as soon as RPGs moved into 3D I was lost to most other genres.

Happiest moment in my life: Helping to form our guild (neXus) in EQ2.

Deepest life disappointment: Vanguard SoH. So much promise when so many other MMOs were being dumbed down... I will curse SOE with my dying breath for this one.

I'm currently reinstalling LotRO (I have a life membership VIP sub :) ) as I can no longer bare the solitude. I pray that TES Online doesn't become another 'Rift' - all flash and fluff with little RP depth - as there is so little else to look forward to. But I truly hope they realise that combat and lore won't be enough, we need housing and true crafting and freedom! They need to put the RP back into the MMOG.

Well said Bealdwine. I never played EQ2, but have tried AoC and Rift as well, and they didn't keep me for long. Though Rift did bring a few nice contributions to help make your leveling experience a little less boring. AoC was beautiful, but way too buggy and not enough stuff to do. I absolutely loved the initial story line in the beginning though.

My favorite years were in WoW from game launch till about year 4. I remember when the great portal finally opened. I was so proud at the amount of gold I had accumulated playing the AH prior, and I practically doubled it in a few weeks just from quests. That was the first moment that I felt the epic feel of the game slip away.

My favorite years were in WoW from game launch till about year 4. I remember when the great portal finally opened. I was so proud at the amount of gold I had accumulated playing the AH prior' date=' and I practically doubled it in a few weeks just from quests. That was the first moment that I felt the epic feel of the game slip away.[/quote']

Yup, that does it!  I joined a few months before TBC but I had a similar experience when WotLK launched.  I wish I wasn't 13 when I started playing, I was never mature enough to join an actual guild until the end of WotLK and beginning of Cata.

I have played Final Fantasy XI (only Final Fantasy game I've personally played). WoW's pace is much too fast for me after playing FFXI. My favorite MMO is (well, was) Perfect World, the first MMO I've played. That was several years ago though, and it has since (sadly) gone downhill. My favorite game series is Harvest Moon! I'm a Plant Science major, so agriculture is fun for me! :P

I still mod Morrowind, though my current mod is quite large and it's taking me forever.

I see most of people like Morrowind VERY much and I am begining to regret for not having heard of TES before Oblivion, thus never played it. Really, what do you think - how hard would it be to get used to such an old game after Skyrim and Oblivion now (considering I never played it before)???

I forgot to mention in earlier post that I also like to play Heroes III a long time ago. 

And my first PC Games were Hexen (or something like that); Doom 1 or 2, not sure; Total Annihilation and Starcraft 

As form MMOs I playe Age of Conan for two month and two month of StarWars The Old Republic because I am a huge fan of Star Wars franchize. Unfortunetly I can't find enough time to put into MMOs as they kinda require your full presence, so I rarely play them (even though I enjoy playing them).