No Snow Under the Roof (by Prometheus)

Allsunday

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51188/

Interesting. I hate the forge floor in Dawnstar :D

This simple mod adds a tweaked type of farmhouses that have no snow under the roof .

Plus 3d snow over roofs .

I was sincerely annoyed to see inworld the snow cumulate under roofs in the Vanilla skyrim ,As well disapointed by the powderlike layer of white that woudl have been snow without a proper tridimensional feel ....

so this mod fixes those small but immersion breaking issue.

Just not interested. Snow tends to blow around and pile up in drifts unless someone is actively managing it (i.e.' date=' shoveling).[/quote']

If you had a forge where you were working all day long, would you prefer trudging through the snow or just take a shovel, get rid of the snow and be done with it?

Just not interested. Snow tends to blow around and pile up in drifts unless someone is actively managing it (i.e.' date=' shoveling).[/quote']

If you had a forge where you were working all day long' date=' would you prefer trudging through the snow or just take a shovel, get rid of the snow and be done with it?

[/quote']

If I had a forge it would melt the snow for me since it is on fire. That is reason enough for me to not have snow near it.

Sent by carrier pigeon. You probably should wash your car now too.

If you had a forge where you were working all day long' date=' would you prefer trudging through the snow or just take a shovel, get rid of the snow and be done with it?[/quote']

If I had a forge it would melt the snow for me since it is on fire. That is reason enough for me to not have snow near it.

Sent by carrir pigeon. You probably should wash your car now too.

I can't; there 's a big pile of snow on top of it now!  :)

To be fair, I'm not bothered enough by the current situation to make it a priority to investigate and fix it.

I think this makes a lot of sense around a forge or an area with a decent expanse of roof overhead (plus the heat radiating from the forge would probably be enough to melt any nearby snow). However, I think the abrupt transitions look a bit strange. It would be nice to have some dusting of snow, or even snow drifts, along the railings and edge of the decks. And I think the smaller sections of roofs, like those above some of the doors and entries, wouldn't really exhibit much difference in the snow accumulation; snow would blow under these areas pretty easily. If those areas were being frequently shoveled, then why aren't the owners also shoveling the steps?

I'm not sure how feasible it is to address those issues, though. Overall, I really like the idea behind this mod, and the 3d snow and added snow drifts look pretty good. I'm very interested to see how it develops, and maybe some of the things I mention above will be addressed eventually.