15 post per page limit

z929669

Question

Over at MyBB boards before we moved to IP Board forums, we had a post/page limit of 10 posts per page. When we moved over to IP Board, this was increased to 20 for about a week and then decreased down to 10 for a few days. Finally, the limit was again increased, but this time up to 15 as a compromise.

Having more posts per page allows for more efficiant word searching per page load and it also reults in fewer pages in the topic breadcrumb. However, more posts per page also increases the vertical scrolling 'burden', since the vertical length of each topic page can get quite long, depending on post content. Too many posts also increases page load times, especially on threads with lots of media content (which is pretty common on these forums).

Original post by JareX

Hi, when the forum format was changed there were a nice number of post per page (20 I think)

I find annoying to dive into long threads with a lot of pages, and I personally like to have more post per page. (this is my personal opinion thou)

So I woul like to know if there is any way to increase this on the settings (couldn't find an option)

If it's not possible to change that only for me, I would like to know the community opinion how this topic, and if they like the way it is or the would like to see more post per page.

thanks for this great community

(I'm actually having more fun modding skyrim than playing the game o.O )

Changing votes is not allowed, and that will not change ...

"group think" will not take over any of the polls around here ;)

just be careful next time ... I will consider your input though and make a mental note. it should not matter once we have more voting

I honestly think the amount of posts per page should be at least 20, if not higher. There's another forum that I go on that has 40 posts per page, and I don't think anyone really has an issue with it being that many. You get a lot more content on a single page, and you spend less time clicking through pages just to get to certain points.

I don't want anything above 20, especially when threads end up having a lot of screenshots. It adds to load time, and not everyone wants a really long page that seems to scroll forever.

Either we go with 15, or 20, but it needs to be finalized. Continuing to talk about It further messes up the search engine results if it is to be increased. Once chosen, it will stay.

Still only a large handful of votes, but so far we have 6 (15), 6 (20+) ... accounting for CJ's mucked up vote (which I secretly believe represents his own inner struggle between 15/20 ::P: )

unless we get a whole lot more votes for 20+, it would seem that 15 is the sweet spot from both user and performance perspectives.