BOSS version 2.2.0

egocarib

Question

Download Link

Official Thread

A rather major update that includes shifting the BOSS repository from Google Code to Github, among other things. Masterlist downloading bugs have been fixed as part of the change, and in generally the masterlist will download much faster in the future from Github. The move to Github now also means that any user can conceivably make pull requests to submit changes to the masterlist, without needing prior approval to join the BOSS committer team.

Edited by egocarib
  • +1 3

7 answers to this question

This is NOT the 3.0 beta, so it works very similar to the old BOSS, and does seem to work well from my initial testing in Mod Organizer.

Yep, good point to mention.

BOSS 3.0 has actually been cancelled as a successor to BOSS version 2.x -- instead, it has now been renamed LOOT - which will be a seperate Load Order Optimizing Tool program. LOOT will be getting more support going forward, with the hopes that it will eventually serve as a good alternative to BOSS. But it produces very different load orders than BOSS, no doubt, since it is largely automated.

The new version of BOSS sorts all the STEP mods correctly, including the two that previously had to be manually sorted (Improved Face Helmets and SkyFalls ESPs).

Really? I just installed the new version and the IFH and Skyfall .esps were in the unrecognized plugins section and went to the bottom. Did you do something different or ?

I checked the newest Masterlist for BOSS 2.22 in BUM and for SkyFalls + SkyMills at least, the newest naming conventions added with v3.1 has not been added to the masterlist.

However, depending on your configuration of SF+SM when you installed, it may be still be sorted by BOSS anyhow.

For example SkyFalls + SkyMills.esp will be sorted, while the one I've got installed, SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp, isn't on the newest masterlist, and thus not recognized or sorted.

I asked on the official LOOT / BOSS thread about the future of updates to the "old" BOSS masterlist, and the general response so far is that quite a few people who used to make submissions / update the list won't be doing so anymore, since the focus is now on making sure LOOT works properly. This means that updates to the masterlist are going to be less and less frequent, unless some group of end users bands together to take over.

Edited by keithinhanoi