Immersive NPC in the Dark (by hacknpaint)

Ganda

Immersive NPC in the Dark just came out on nexus, no conflicts with absolutely anything (I checked, he somehow doesn't change anything, only adds).

Gives NPC's the same problems you have while fighting in the dark - they can't see. So they try to bring out light sources (candlelight / torches / lanterns), archers stop shooting in the dark and take out their melee weapons until they can see you again.

Untested but if it works properly should add to immersion besides being really cool - you now have an advantage with nightvision :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having issues now.  Guards and townspeople not using torches or lanterns when it's nearly pitch black outside.  I don't get it...  I can go inside and come back outside and still no light source usage use, even if I attack the person not using a light source.

I also just deactivated it.  After deactivating, I used a program called Savegame Script Scalpel (on the Nexus) to remove leftover savegame bloat.  It apparently was able to remove all remnants of the mod in my newest save - I did two things: "Remove Unattached Instances" and "Remove Instances with Undefined Classes Only".  After doing so, loading the save, saving again, and then re-analyzing with the tool I find no more messages about bloat data.

It's a shame though, because the potential of this mod is very high.  I may reload it back in the future after it gets more refined.  It was working so nicely when I first started up a new game with it, but at some point it just seemed to stop working.  Maybe it was when the first dragon attacked the Whiterun watchtower, but I'm not really sure because I wasn't paying close attention at the time to it... Or maybe it was when the first vampire attacked [Whiterun]... I'm not sure, but I noticed after that point that guards patrolling the interior Whiterun streets were not using torches (except 1 guard) and neither were citizens.  Guards patrolling exterior streets at night near the Honningbrew Meadery were not using torches either on a foggy pitch black night, yet the carriage driver still had a light on.  I went back to Riverwood - some people used lights (torch or lantern).  Travelers on the roads were not using lights... I don't get why it just stopped like that.

Edited by oqhansoloqo