Gemling Queen Jewelry (by Saerileth)

CJ2311

Well, my circlet meshes are already compatible with other texture replacers out there, at least concerning the metal parts and the gemstones I don't cover (onyx and moonstone). I don't see a reason to package those textures with my mod if you can just as easily download them from their respective mod page (assuming I even get permission), it's just a lot of hassle for me to maintain it all. I will not add the option to use existing gemstone textures (e.g. the AEterna sapphires) with my meshes, those textures were not designed for Madcat's two-layer reflections - they have (static) highlights embedded in the textures, but the sparkling should really be left to the inner layer of my meshes, where they can change dynamically with light and movement. Besides, it would require a lot of boring copy-pasting to make it work.

Now the ring meshes are slightly more complicated, because Brumbek changed the texture path of his meshes. Making the rings compatible with AEterna and Jewels of the Nord as well as keeping the SMIM textures as an option may prove difficult.

• +1 1

I believe the SMIM textures that Brumbek made are modified from Jewels of the Nord, so there wouldn't be much gained by trying to make the original Jewels of the Nord textures compatible with the new meshes.  AEterna ring textures would need to be reworked to make them compatible with the new meshes. 

Fortunately, part of the larger plan is to create new ring textures for different types of rings, so there will be far more variety in the design of the rings than any single texture replacer would provide.

Posted Image

Yay, finally got this bugger rigged properly! I also reduced poly-count by almost 200 on the equipped mesh (inventory art is still the same), but I think maybe I should go even lower. The result still has about 1000 polygons, which I think is just too much on an object you can hardly see. This screen is the closest I have managed to get to the ring using tfc, anything closer will clip with the camera. So the extra polygons really don't pay off much.

Now I need some sleep... it's 3am here.

• +1 3

(And STEP also uses Jewels of the Nord, which is placed after SMIM so it overrides it)

The gems on the rings are vanilla though in SMIM.

That is what I needed to know. Rings themselves are irrelevant as this mod is based off SMIM...which in turn is based off of Jewels of the Nords. SMIM fixes the non-rounded rings of Jewels of the Nords so we should simple drop that mod (probably should have dropped in a while ago).

I vote we add this one to STEP, replacing Jewels of the Nords.