Mod Suggestions subforum for Fallout Series forum

rootsrat

Question

Could I request a Mod Suggestions subforum (with the same posting rules as the main Mods forum please, so that the user needs to tick the "declaration" before posting) in Fallout Series forums please? 

There seems to be increased interest in Fallout modding a lot of new mods are being released recently, so it would be great to have MS forums for Fallout series, especially that SRB released his FNV modding guide.

TIA!

I think you guys are forgetting something key with all this STEP:OtHeRgAmEnAmE fanaticism. STEP stands for SKYRIM Total Enhancement Project. You'd need to change out the S word for something else.

Way ahead of you there. NVEP (New Vegas Enhancement Project, pronounced N-vep), FTEP (Fallout Total Enhancement Project, pronounced F-tep), OTEP (Oblivion Total Enhancement Project, pronounced O-tep).... METEP (Mass Effect, pronounced mE-tep). Not sure about Morrowind, but that game has a bunch of good guides already. Also, all those type of guides would require that they follow the mandate. We can't put the STEP endorsement on something that doesn't follow our system. Anything else that someone does can take a different naming convention, like SRLE does or how I chose HST's story.

I went ahead and began implementation of some pre-defined tags for mods and packs forums to include other Bethesda games. Let's see how it goes. I did not create the tags as prefixes, since I think that woudl just add a lot of noise.

I also added SRB's new guide thread to its own subforum with support thread just like we are doing for SR:LE (anyone that puts work into a big guide should get this I think). Unfortunately, I indicated that I wanted a redirect place into the source forum pointing to the new thread location, but it did not work for some reason :| I'll see if I can add this after the fact though.

This may evolve differently that it exists now in the end, but let's see how this goes ...

TBH I just noticed that it had been moved. I bet most users just hit 'View New Content' and don't really look at the subs, I know that is how I do it most the time unless I'm looking for something specific.

With a sub though I can start up a few threads to keep the growth of the main thread slow, so it doesn't have 100 pages of posts or I'll close it at like page 25 and start a new one.

If you notice any themes in the kinds of posts you are getting, it is far better to create topics relating to those. One thread for all misc posting is just bad practice and makes it near impossible to find information. One big misc thread or many smaller ones is the same.

This is what has happened with Neovalen's thread, and I dare anyone to look for info in that thing, and I would wager that there is redundant info in that thread that also exists in other topic threads.

Ultimately, it is up to you guys though, since you will be answering the questions (and re-answering them for lack of any coherent pointer).

PS: and the thread move with redirect 'feature' does not work on this forum. Pretty inconvenient.

Yeah the Beth forums also do this bit they have a need for to break down franchise and then game.As far as using the wiki, is it okay to make a couple mod pages for certain non-skyrim mods that need it to help shorten the guide I made or is that a problem? I don't want to use the form if it will cause a problem. I can just make a traditional page for some stuff if need be.

Due to our current layout, mod pages should only be for Skyrim. To support multiple games, the ideal solution is to create new namespaces in the Wiki. URL wise, that would end up looking like:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim:Realistic_Overhaulhttp://wiki.step-project.com/Fallout:Some_Mod