Photo
wanted

Multi-Tag Search (with 'AND' functionality)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Mod Author

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

Under "Advanced Search", there is a multi-tag search form field for searching by multiple tags; however, it uses implicit 'OR' functionality only. There is a request for added functionality withing the Advanced Tags plugin (which we use here).

~z

Posted Image

I've looked at the advanced search but can't seem to find a way to search for a specific tag. What does work is to select a certain thread with a specific tag and then I get all threads with that specific tag. But this is limited to one tag. I think Z said its not possible to search for a specific tag but just wanted to make sure.

#2 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,249 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

There is a tag-specific search under the advanced search where you can use a tag list separated by commas; however, it is an implicit 'OR' search with no 'AND' functionality. Better than nothing, but still lacking, IMO. I have a request for better functionality out on the IPB forums.

#3 wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Mod Author

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

It seems the spanish vino was not out of my system yet as I did not find it. My bad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users