Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Your mod list is making me think that there is something wrong with MO's handling of FNV. It is probably the reason I can't get it to start. If you can get the game to start and run without crashes I'd leave the modlist. Fnv is to unstable to rock the boat in the middle of a play through. Except for the AUG from millennia, that is for walking dead fans, let's you play with the gov's assault rifle.I noticed that green eyes thing too, it even overwrite some yup fixes that added in eye color. What did you do about the conflicts between yup and ilo? There were tons of those.Your mod list looks pretty good, you shouldn't add any of the mods that you haven't activated unless your okay with messing up your saves.Can you package and upload your patches so I can look at them?

Those quest mods that i have deactivated i thought to activate them in case i haven't anything left to do from my playthrough. I suppouse at that moment i will not care about my saves any longer.

About the YUP & ILO conflicts i usually let ILO override stuff like ligthing, ligth template and imagespace. For all the rest i leave YUP records.

I can upload my patch, the problem is that in order to reduce the numbers of plugins i made only 1 esp, and a lot of masters are those quest mods that are not in the guide. I usually place it after the bashed patch, in order to also correct the errors that the bash patch makes. Still, here it is.

See my previous EDIT....

I'd prefer this one stays unlocked because some issues and suggestions don't warrent new threads. Let's handle this like how RELz threads are handled on the Bethsoft forums -

EACH issue and EACH suggestion warrants its own thread (see Forums forum as a test case ... I bet I can track info much faster than anyone can in this and the SR general threads!).

Also the [RELz] threads are a mass of lost posts buried in a huge misc topic. Better to have many small topics with even two or three posts that one big topic. More topics is MUCH more efficient, especially with the tagging system in place.

You probably have 20 or more topics contained within these two general threads. it will only get much worse, and you will find different people reiterating the exact same tings in so many different words many times over.

make use of info containment and put power into the hands of the users (and ask them to use rather than post your way to oblivion).... that is my advice, and I will say no more about it :whistling:

See my previous EDIT....

EACH issue and EACH suggestion warrants its own thread (see Forums forum as a test case ... I bet I can track info much faster than anyone can in this and the SR general threads!).

Also the [RELz] threads are a mass of lost posts buried in a huge misc topic. Better to have many small topics with even two or three posts that one big topic. More topics is MUCH more efficient, especially with the tagging system in place.

You probably have 20 or more topics contained within these two general threads. it will only get much worse, and you will find different people reiterating the exact same tings in so many different words many times over.

make use of info containment and put power into the hands of the users (and ask them to use rather than post your way to oblivion).... that is my advice, and I will say no more about it :whistling:

Agree with what you are saying as I go forward this be more of a feedback and suggestions thread for the guide, not for everything. I linked the support forum in the guide intro as well, so maybe people that. I will also make a pinned topic with posting guidelines, to get the ball rolling, people hate being the first to post for help, they don't want other to think they are dumb because the internet is so viscous.

As far as closing that other thread, I had to do it. I changed the name of the guide and this topic reflects the new name and that thread started in the Fallout sub forum and was moved to it's own sub-forum. Also, it had become a one-size-fits-all thread, so I closed it at the 300 post mark so all the info I need is not lost in the infinite pages of posts upon posts. This thread has already become a place where people are posting feedback with mod lists and updates to mods that affects the guide....

That is my goal for this thread and I will start making other threads that address different issue to split it up as I have more time. Also, I may version this guide out so feedback threads are for each version of the guide as I work on it a put out major updates, like this weekend, which will stop 100 page threads. Work, family, girlfriend, they always seem to take up my time in waves instead of being spread out. You know what I'm saying...

Actually, one of the feedback threads is locked already. I'd prefer this one stays unlocked because some issues and suggestions don't warrent new threads. Let's handle this like how RELz threads are handled on the Bethsoft forums - when a certain number of posts is reached on the feedback thread, lock and start a new one (keeping important info from earlier threads along the way).

@SRB, I haven't added Fallout Character Overhaul to the masterlist yet because I have no idea where you want the plugins from that to be, and you didn't provide userlist updating info for it. What place would you recommend they go in the masterlist?

I think I just looked in BUM for NVEC and put everything with that mod, since they do about the same thing, but I think I also followed Drumber's advice on his page, there was a description.

Also, I do like that some questions are posted here that are minor, because they are usually problems that arise from my writing of the guide, so that doesn't need a new thread, but real issues should get a thread. Something like other mods that are okay to add to the list, like armor, weapons, and quests...

Those quest mods that i have deactivated i thought to activate them in case i haven't anything left to do from my playthrough. I suppouse at that moment i will not care about my saves any longer.

About the YUP & ILO conflicts i usually let ILO override stuff like ligthing, ligth template and imagespace. For all the rest i leave YUP records.

I can upload my patch, the problem is that in order to reduce the numbers of plugins i made only 1 esp, and a lot of masters are those quest mods that are not in the guide. I usually place it after the bashed patch, in order to also correct the errors that the bash patch makes. Still, here it is.

Thanks, I'll look over the patch to see what is in there and get a better idea about what I want to do.

Yeah, that is what I do with my playthroughs. If I get to point where I've taken the character as far as I want it go then I just blow it up with new mods, but I don't usually touch things till that point.

Thanks, I'll look over the patch to see what is in there and get a better idea about what I want to do.

Yeah, that is what I do with my playthroughs. If I get to point where I've taken the character as far as I want it go then I just blow it up with new mods, but I don't usually touch things till that point.

Two things about that patch:

1: I'm not sure about some corrections that i have made, in particular about some between YUP and EVE in the Weapon and Object Effect sections. I'm also not sure about some corrections between YUP and Project Nevada in the Ingestible and Perk sections, because i do not know if PN deals with them using scripts.

2: A lot of corrections are missing because i usually tend to make a bashed patch, and then check if the bashed patch miss something or mess up stuff. So in that file you will find the stuff that my bashed patch does not do, or do it wrong.

Just FYI: I have added support in Mods and Packs forums for Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Oblivion, and Morrowind, so users can use those forums to provide mod/pack suggestions and related.

Please feel free to use those forums for this project.

Just FYI: I have added support in Mods and Packs forums for Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Oblivion, and Morrowind, so users can use those forums to provide mod/pack suggestions and related.

Please feel free to use those forums for this project.

I see that, so I will mention and link that in the guide when I rewrite the intro section again. 

Spice of Life is pre tagged by BOSS or the mod author built it into the plugin description somehow.

Willow shouldn't need it because it changes the Willow record from WillowNV.esp and that isn't tagged, so it shouldn't merge around the FCO-Willow.esp. Haven't looked at Courier Vests yet. I'm about to do some more examination of the big weapon mods now.

One thing also, is the boa helmet plugin, not the glove one, is obsolete. Plus it adds the leveled list it changed was the wrong one or it added the wrong item to leveled list. I'll update the guide to reflect tomorrow. I'm pretty much done for the night.

New Merging attempt!

Merged Plugin:  Advanced Recon Armor.esp  Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp  Advanced Recon Riot Gear Helmet.esp  Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp  Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp

I saw this 5 plugins together that had no other plugin dependent on them down in the load order so i tried to merge them. I will report here if i will find problems by merging these.

Edited by Lonewolf

I'm

New Merging attempt!

Merged Plugin:  Advanced Recon Armor.esp  Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp  Advanced Recon Riot Gear Helmet.esp  Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp  Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp

I saw this 5 plugins together that had no other plugin dependent on them down in the load order so i tried to merge them. I will report here if i will find problems by merging these.

I'm curious to hear how that works for you. I combined the ARG armor & helmets myself, but avoided the Rangefinder thinking uHUD would be looking for it (it appears on the activation pop-up for uHUD in FOMM).

Okay, I've looked through the textures in Hall of Equipment and the textures are just upscaled vanilla textures. If installing them, do it before any other clothing armor mods. That will let you overwrite them with the other mods. In the guide put it right before Wasteland clothing Hires retexture.

Doesn't the NVSE memory patch and the New Vegas Stutter Remover do essentially the same thing? Both messing with how the memory heap works? I ask because I am getting some nasty stutters when turning, both in doors and outdoors. I have a more than capable machine (i5-3570k oc to 4.2ghz, gtx680 2gig, 16gigs 1600mhz ram) and I copied the ini's directly from the guide. I was hoping Enboost would help, but Diablotherum enb with what appeared to be correctly setup enblocal for my setup (reserve 512, memory size 2048) hasn't helped. According to the fps meter even when I am stuttering I am still getting ~20fps. It doesn't drop to anything. I don't know where else the problem could be at this point. There also seems to be some mouse acceleration. Like mouse movement is about half a second out of sync.

I use both NVSE w/ memory patch (config @ 400) & NVSR, I'm running on this;

CPU i7 4770k @ 3.5GHzRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB DDR3 1866)GPU NVidia GTX 670 2GB120 GB SDD (Windows 8.1 64bit OS)1TB 7200 RPM HDD (Skyrim)

I am using Diablotherium with enblocal memory set @ reseve 512 & memory size 10240. Running smooth and stable with 2k textures.

Suggestion, up your memory size so the built in enboost feature can use more of your ram. Keep both NVSE & NVSR.