Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I dont know exactly where to ask this: As I've been working through MonoAccipter's Fear and Loathing: Wasteland Edition, theres been a few hiccups.  For instance, no errors in the 'Uncut Content' merge plugin before being built; and slightly different bash tags generated for it.

It seems fine, but there is a difference. Should i be worried?  Or should the guide be updated, for YUP 10.9 perhaps?    

It should definitely be updated and I'm willing to help out, but I'm unable to maintain it on my own.

I pm'd you.  There is one question I can ask here though.  Isn't it necessary or advised to run Loot *each time* before loading the Merge Plugin Standalone Utility and building a new merge mod?  

Edited by boycad

In regards to the Wasteland fork, and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, why have certain mods been removed? I don't care about holsters or others necessarily but is there a reason holsters/recon armor/deimos were pulled?

I mostly ask because I found out about the fork while waiting for NMC textures to download and plan on using it for the rest of my guide but worry there might be incompatibilities. 

The Recon Stealth Armors were... not particularly satisfying to look at. Just recolored versions of the original Ranger Combat Armor, which should be rather rare and unique in the first place. With ADAM they especially look out of place, as they end up having the wrong mesh and completely different textures (even for things like the eyes). They also fill a niche that has been filled before, by the DLC armors.

Holsters were, at best, an incomplete solution to something slightly annoying. They didn't fit with most guns, and looked a bit silly too.

DEIMOS I never really liked all that much. There was talk about removing it from the original guide as well, but I didn't really have the time to follow up on that. In general, I wanted to move more towards quest mods that could feel as if they were a part of the game. NVB is one such mod, although Someguy's characters sometimes feel a bit too silly to be real. I've wanted to test Autumn Leaves for a while, as I think it might be another such mod, but haven't got the chance to do it yet.

It's important to mention that a lot of quest mods for FNV has a FO3-esque dimension to them. They're often more silly or theme park like than the base game (more rule of cool). This doesn't always fit in with the rest of the game, which relies more subtle depth, and tongue-in-cheek humor. Balance is always important as well. I have made a mod that fixes some severe balance issues with the New Bison Steve, but it's not really complete per say. It's called the New New Bison Steve if you want to check it out.

I also want things to be lore-friendly, like Genius said. It's not necessarily about being canon, as they can never achieve that, but it's about feeling like it's part of the world you're playing in. That's important. It needs to feel like you're playing Fallout: New Vegas. Possibly an improved and updated version, with better graphics and mechanics, as well as more content, but still Fallout: New Vegas.

If you have no idea what we're talking about: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:MonoAccipiter/Fear_and_Loathing_in_New_Vegas:_Wasteland_Edition

Updated the guide to use the new 4Gb patch instead of the older 'loader' style.

On https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas, you dated this update "January 2, 2016".

Should be "January 2, 2017".

Happy New Year!

Anyway, an excellent choice - that patch finally let me run 200 mods (merged down to 130) on my Mac under Wine without crashing every half hour.

Hey once again!

So, did everything.(MonoAccipiter's F&LNV)

Everything seemed fine until I've got no menu and cursor appear.

Yes, sound is there, new background (NMC's) also is there.

One by one isolated the problem.

For me it is - YUP-WMX-PN-PNEO Patch.esp. Without this .esp everything works - menu, darnified, cursor.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Just tried different combinations like YUP-WMX.esp, YUP-PN.esp, YUP-PNPNEO.esp.

Nothing works, as soon as either one being activated - no menu.

I have a strong suspicion that it is incompatible with current Yukichigai Unofficial Patch which was updated like a little over 10 days ago (v10.7).

Just tried different combinations like YUP-WMX.esp, YUP-PN.esp, YUP-PNPNEO.esp.

Nothing works, as soon as either one being activated - no menu.

I have a strong suspicion that it is incompatible with current Yukichigai Unofficial Patch which was updated like a little over 10 days ago (v10.7).

Yep. YUP removed a record that MPO uses. That's the cause of that bug in 100% of all cases.