Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

That's the one I tested. The original isn't in the guide because there is a problem where you can't dismiss Betsy properly and then can't get into the DLC. It's super annoying. 

I probably should add back Uncut 6 too, since it had an issue with Nevada Skies and that's gone now. 

I'm running a completely fresh new mod load out (anyone else find modding Gamebryo soothing?  Guys?  Guys!?) that leaves Project Nevada out of it entirely in favor of Lazarus Project/Animation Project with Jsawyer Ultimate as well.  I'm surprised to find that Project Nevada gives me a ~8% FPS hit with it enabled/disabled.

I edited Mono's plugins from the Lore Friendly Pack to remove dependencies on Project Nevada Core, if anyone is interested.

I also think it would be cool to link the equipment pack back into the main F&L guide as well, I'm a huge fan and the added immersion of "in universe" equipment names is great.  Agree with at least a note being added to the holster - it is pretty jarring. 

Thanks for all the updates to the guide, New Vegas is the best.

edit:  I'm also working on integrating Uncut 6 remaster into the github uncut version, as well as working on converting ttw street lights into a new vegas only version (I like this better than Electro-City).

Edited by Genius384

I'm running a completely fresh new mod load out (anyone else find modding Gamebryo soothing? Guys? Guys!?) that leaves Project Nevada out of it entirely in favor of Lazarus Project/Animation Project with Jsawyer Ultimate as well. I'm surprised to find that Project Nevada gives me a ~8% FPS hit with it enabled/disabled.

I edited Mono's plugins from the Lore Friendly Pack to remove dependencies on Project Nevada Core, if anyone is interested.

I also think it would be cool to link the equipment pack back into the main F&L guide as well, I'm a huge fan and the added immersion of "in universe" equipment names is great.

Thanks for all the updates to the guide, New Vegas is the best.

edit: I'm also working on integrating Uncut 6 remaster into the github uncut version, as well as working on converting ttw street lights into a new vegas only version.

Roy was fixing PN. It's the headshot monitor that does it, but PN in general is pretty poorly made compared to modern standards. JSaywer has its own problems though

Uncut 6 remastered is already part of the GitHub. I wouldn't recommend messing with it, it's pretty different from the old uncut versions.

I converted streetlights before (it's really quick and easy), but you couldn't release it, far too many permissions needed

Edited by darthbdaman

I've noticed how much more friendly the complex mods seem to be now that NVSE and some other plugins have expanded the capabilities of the game. I imagine PN was about as good as it could have been when it was made. The authors really had to hack that stuff into the game. 

Starting with the guide and now that I have merged both Cut Content and Advanced Recon. Do I still need to have the mods in my left pane or can I remove them?

Technically you can remove the ones from the Cut Content merge. If you have to redo a merge then you will need to reinstall them. 

With the Advanced Recon Merge you still have assets in those folders and just moved the plugin to an optional folder so they don't show. That's why the merging directions say whether to Tick or Untick "Copy general assets" in Merge Plugins Standalone. Any merge with "Copy general assets" ticked are the ones where you can uninstall the mods you just merged. 

Roy was fixing PN. It's the headshot monitor that does it, but PN in general is pretty poorly made compared to modern standards. JSaywer has its own problems though

Uncut 6 remastered is already part of the GitHub. I wouldn't recommend messing with it, it's pretty different from the old uncut versions.

I converted streetlights before (it's really quick and easy), but you couldn't release it, far too many permissions needed

Yeah, agreed.  Just personal stuff.  Streetlights is pretty easy to convert and looks great.  Also agreed with SRB about "about as good as it got" - PN was one of the first and most complex/best mods released for a game, almost right after NV release.  I love it, I'm just impressed with a non-PN based loadout in terms of performance and general stability. 

Cut content - yes, as you untick the mods. Advanced Recon - no, as you only move the plugins to option and don't copy general assets when merging.

Note these have different merging procedures.

However, there is no real reason to remove the mods from the left pane, even when you can. It makes it much easier if you ever have to re-merge.

Edit: Lol walked away for a few mins and missed 3 posts.

Cut content - yes, as you untick the mods. Advanced Recon - no, as you only move the plugins to option and don't copy general assets when merging.

Note these have different merging procedures.

However, there is no real reason to remove the mods from the left pane, even when you can. It makes it much easier if you ever have to re-merge.

Edit: Lol walked away for a few mins and missed 3 posts.

You remove them if you don't have the space on your SSD. That's the only reason you would do it. The drawback is having to reinstall them to do a remerge. (Especially if I add more mods to that section, like tomorrow or something)

• Vurt's WFO.esp (Dead)
Warning: Do not clean UDR records from this mod with FNVEdit 3.1.1 or earlier, otherwise, the game will crash on startup.Contains dirty edits: 356 ITM records, 3264 UDR records. Follow instructions for cleaning here.

I cleaned the ITM records and only 35 were removed. I did not clean the UDR records as LOOT says to not clean them. Should I clean the UDR records and ignore the LOOT recommendation. Any idea on how only 35 ITM records were removed instead of the guide mentioning 356?

I did not use the Update for the latest Dead version update file as Vurt say in the posts it is not needed since the main file is newer.

Loveblanket - "Apologies if I am reading the files and description page improperly, but I had three questions.

1.) Do I still need the Dead Edition Update if I install the latest Dead Edition? I only ask because the update is over a year older than the newest version."

Vurt - "1. No"

Edited by D1Z4STR

• Vurt's WFO.esp (Dead)
Warning: Do not clean UDR records from this mod with FNVEdit 3.1.1 or earlier, otherwise, the game will crash on startup.Contains dirty edits: 356 ITM records, 3264 UDR records. Follow instructions for cleaning here.

I cleaned the ITM records and only 35 were removed. I did not clean the UDR records as LOOT says to not clean them. Should I clean the UDR records and ignore the LOOT recommendation. Any idea on how only 35 ITM records were removed instead of the guide mentioning 356?

I did not use the Update for the latest Dead version update file as Vurt say in the posts it is not needed since the main file is newer.

Loveblanket - "Apologies if I am reading the files and description page improperly, but I had three questions.

1.) Do I still need the Dead Edition Update if I install the latest Dead Edition? I only ask because the update is over a year older than the newest version."

Vurt - "1. No"

The directions are from older versions of that mod, so it may be different now. Plus, FNVEdit has updated a couple times since I wrote that stuff, so it may be different. The LOOT directions may be old as well. The FNV LOOT list doesn't get the attention that FO4 and Skyrim get.

Sorry you have to update the guide again :)

It's cool darth. Makes things much easier anyway since people don't have to manually download files from a different nexus.

Hey there! Im using a Simple Street Lights from https://modsreloaded.com/simple-street-lights its this a good version? Or do you mind to link me your converted one?