Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Looks like Wrye Bash or even a merged patch can take care of most the problems with Yuki's Gameplay Tweaks (YGT from here on out) and FCO or most anything else. Wrye is pretty good with body part merges in my experience. Not perfect, but definitely a huge time saver. It's main reason I don't add more patches to guide in the first place.

I'll still about doing a patch for non-Wrye Bash users though. Still a lot of FOMM holdouts. 

Some brief questions regarding LODGen, if I may: What do I do with LODGen Resources and LOD Additions and Improvements after generating the LOD meshes and textures? Should I keep them checked on the left pane of MO? Should I keep the three .esps that come with them enabled and if so, should I have LOOT arrange them (the guide states they should not be manage by LOOT prior to LOD generation but nothing about post-generation)? Also, if those .esps are needed, should they be ticked during merged/bashed patch generation?

Also, is there a specific order for the LOD textures and meshes in the left panel of MO? They don't seem to override anything, so I believe their place is irrelevant.

The CaliberX problems are there because the author decided the best way to handle the current situation was to take the mod down for some reason. It will be up again soon.

WFO doesn't need the update for the dead version anymore, I just made some minor changes to the plugin for the most recent version. There was a flying cactus outside of the NCR prison, and some conflicts with New Vegas Uncut (Cactuses growing inside re-added buildings).

I'm still unsure about YGT. It does contain a lot of great mods, but there's just so damn much, which seems like both a potential incompatibility feast, and very hard to customise. Let's say I don't want Quantum to show up in vending machines for lore reasons, or would like to avoid having Nuka-Cola Cinnamon be something I can craft, or I don't want Pre-War Money to have a coin icon when it consists purely of bills. All those things are fair to include in the YGT mod, but not necessarily things I would have backed for inclusion in F&L without it being part of a larger package. I know I'd probably chop it up a bit before adding it to my own game, at least.

There are still some incompatibilities not fixed by WB, I can add my merged patch (the one I used for the Wasteland Edition) to the guide as a starting point, if you'd like.

@Mortercotic: Lots of good suggestions. The optimized textures can often get corrupted when downloading if you have a slow connection, so I'd be careful with recommending that. It's certainly a timesaver if it works correctly, but it doesn't always seem to do that. Enhanced Highways probably either screws up most travelling NPCs, or edits a ton of navmeshes, which means it needs patches, and not the easy-to-make stuff. I considered adding the Armored Vault Suit retexture, but I figured it would be a bit annoying to have different textures for different vault suits. I would also argue against the Mysterious Broadcast extension, as that, with its relatively small selection of tunes, might be the best station in the game. It has a very distinct feel that I think every player should be able to experience. The mod seems to add a lot of songs which belong to much more upbeat part of jazz, like Happy Feet by Fletcher Henderson. The mysterious broadcast is generally much smoother and softer, kinda like Autumn Leaves or the like. 

• +1 1

That's a niiiiiiiiiiice point yes. You right, Mysterious Broadcast have so perfect music there's no point changing the mood of it. You got me there, gonna take it out of my list. The Enhanced Highways have that problem yes, overall is a amazing add to the enviroment (maybe to much cars sometimes especially in Primm) but got that conflict with everything and everyone. Its a nice project for sure but brings to much problems like i suspect.

Thanks for checking my suggestions, guides like this always help to find good stuff. Some things i find on Adonis guide Words of Tomorrow is not so complete but amazing ideas there. The LOD stuff is really interesting and im using them and its amazing AND one less .esp

Edited by Mortercotic

The CaliberX problems are there because the author decided the best way to handle the current situation was to take the mod down for some reason. It will be up again soon.

WFO doesn't need the update for the dead version anymore, I just made some minor changes to the plugin for the most recent version. There was a flying cactus outside of the NCR prison, and some conflicts with New Vegas Uncut (Cactuses growing inside re-added buildings).

I'm still unsure about YGT. It does contain a lot of great mods, but there's just so damn much, which seems like both a potential incompatibility feast, and very hard to customise. Let's say I don't want Quantum to show up in vending machines for lore reasons, or would like to avoid having Nuka-Cola Cinnamon be something I can craft, or I don't want Pre-War Money to have a coin icon when it consists purely of bills. All those things are fair to include in the YGT mod, but not necessarily things I would have backed for inclusion in F&L without it being part of a larger package. I know I'd probably chop it up a bit before adding it to my own game, at least.

I can discuss and change anything in YGT. Just list out your problems and I can either defend them, or remove them if I agree. I will change stuff if the changes can be justified

The coin Icon is a mistake as far as I know. The quantum can be justified due to Bethesda's inconsistency in Fo3, though it is still up for removal if the case can be made

Edited by darthbdaman
  • +1 1

I really enjoyed YGT Mr. Darthbdaman but i had to give it away. I use mods like JSawyer Ultimate, Unofficial Patch Plus and others and you know what kind of problems mixing them all. However i would be glad if somehow you change YGT in ways all of this could came together.

By the way, im using BLEED, Combat Enhancer, Responsive Kill Reactions, Enemy AI Revamp and it brings the fighting to awesome levels of despair!!