Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Noticed EXE was added to the guide.

It should be noted, that it (accidentally) overwrites the "Improved LOD Noise Texture" mod. Weijiesen confirmed this on Nexus and the LOD file of EXE should be deleted / hidden / not installed.

HI! I was testing some stuff and i notice the impact distance was not really working. It works fine until 30 meters but then it just don't existe. Im waiting for the new caliberx so i don't have it instaled yet and maybe is something able to fix it (even if i didn't find any info on the mod page) But i came to this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60928/? and after install it fixed very well. You guys had the same problem?

Hi guys,

I just finished running through the guide from scratch but it seems like textures that the sun shine on are way too bright now.  I tried disabling obvious texture mods and light mods but I can't figure out what the hell is going on.

I threw up a couple of quick screenshots at https://imgur.com/a/FLU7b - has anyone seen this/got any suggestions?  I'm almost certain I bungled something but it doesn't seem to be:

* My optimized textures

* FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting

Hi guys,

I just finished running through the guide from scratch but it seems like textures that the sun shine on are way too bright now.  I tried disabling obvious texture mods and light mods but I can't figure out what the hell is going on.

I threw up a couple of quick screenshots at https://imgur.com/a/FLU7b - has anyone seen this/got any suggestions?  I'm almost certain I bungled something but it doesn't seem to be:

* My optimized textures

* FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting

I don't seem to be able to edit posts but I did discover that using shift-enter and ticking "use effect" has a drastic improvement.  Looks like ENB is doing this to me, but I'm not sure why yet.  I guess my choices are "pick an ENB and use that" or... fiddle with ENB further.

Actually, ENB is not doing it to you, since "use effect" was unticked when it happened. I'm fairly sure this is just how RWLE looks (since it's the way things would look in a desert where everything reflects light). You can try to use an ENB, I think there are some different ones on display in the screenshots thread. There are tons of them that tone down the harsh lighting, the thing is, that's an acquired taste, so it's much better to have the realistic lighting as a baseline and let people get whatever kind of ENB they might fancy.

I also suspected RWLE but it happened without it, and also on an unmodded profile with just ENB.  I ended up picking an ENB which made it bearable.  I had terrible performance stuttering this time around however, good old fnv...

Hiya,

Can all the various patches for YUP be added to YUP at the start of the STEP guide? Being out of STEP with the guide is scary to me(I get lost easy) but with my limited modding experience it seems to make sense. I would like to merge them all into YUP through MO's Downloads([Merge] [Fart] [Die] [Replace] [Die again]) so as to save plugin space. When I try to merge them with Merge Plugins later I get many errors in Merge Plugins.

Hiya,

Can all the various patches for YUP be added to YUP at the start of the STEP guide? Being out of STEP with the guide is scary to me(I get lost easy) but with my limited modding experience it seems to make sense. I would like to merge them all into YUP through MO's Downloads([Merge] [Fart] [Die] [Replace] [Die again]) so as to save plugin space. When I try to merge them with Merge Plugins later I get many errors in Merge Plugins.

Only use the ones in the guide. You don't need the rest because they get taken care of by other stuff.

Hi EssArrBee

I'm new to FNV modding and the STEP project, please forgive this being the 1st post. I've been following your guide for the past 3 days now via Dirty Weasel Media.

The wiki has gone down; error '503 Service Temporarily Unavailable' and underneath it 'nginx', I don't see any announcement regarding maintenance so I figured I'd mention it.

First post here, love the guide as a whole. I have a suggestion however. In the Bash Tags section, it should be noted that the following patches should NOT go in your bashed patch at the end. I only found this out after digging through comments on EVE's page on the Nexus trying to solve an animation issue I had.

EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp

If these are in your bashed patch, the laser rifle ends up cocked to the left and only goes to the center of the screen when you actually fire. I confirmed this by unticking my bashed patch which included those, and it immediately fixed my issue. 

Edited by leipzig175