Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

See my reply to hazelwolf above. This (technically outdated) video should cover using the old version according to the nexus comments. Can't believe this thing is still not up. The old version works fine with the new JIP plugin and could just have been reuploaded while the update was being worked on. 

If everybody followed this line of reasoning, then every CaliberX-reliant mod would have been taken down, F&L would have been taken down et cetera ad infinitum. Sigh.

@Mono - thanks, I was considering that.  I remember the first time I used NVR (I think it was 2) and - also for the first time I understood what was happening with that Powder Ganger who 'won the lottery' outside of Nipton.  For some reason I had never put the two things together before (despite many playthroughs of FNV vanilla on XBOX).  I always just wrote off that encounter as separate from what was going on in the town... To see him actually look like he had been through an ordeal, it finally clicked (though yeah I know it's pretty obvious and stupid of me to not have picked that up before!) From then on, I was in love with the mod.  

Only switched with this latest install cause I kept having issues in the past and wanted to strictly stick to the guide this time, but I'm finding that - while the faces in FCO are definitely nicely crafted, I really don't like it's effects on the character creation menu in general - it's cluttered and has some weird functionality (though parts of that are pretty cool, even if the way it's implemented isn't ideal).

On a sidenote while again I'm sure it's no secret, I've been playing with Animation Project for a little while and really loving it.  The sprint animations look and function much better than that of PN, and I just love the grab, meds, and fall animations.  The stealth takedown stuff I worry a little (a lot actually) about balance but - at a glance in the MCM it appears as though there are some adjustments available to that, and all it's features can be turned off individually if desired.

No issues so far at all with EC, at least that I've seen.  My testing is minimal though as I'm still nailing down the specifics of what I want to add to the guide.

I have Mono's Landscape Overhaul installed right now and will be running around with it until I'm satisfied, but so far I'm liking what I see.  

Enjoyed NPC's Travel in Fallout 4, so I've stuck it in... haven't really noticed it's effects yet but like I said testing is limited so far.

And I'm also looking closely at Lazarus Project, mostly for the snappy wheel menu.  Not much interested in most of the rest of it's features though.  Ladder climbing is cool but not animated... so not really all that cool.

Also Mono's Boulder City Super Showdown looks like a neat little add.

Also I've installed Enhanced Terrain LOD and while it does look nice, I'm noticing a bit of a performance drop for the first time.  Previous to that, I was running around locked at 60 fps, with only very occasional, very slight stutters.  Not sure how a less beefy system would handle it.

* correction - yeah, double arms when sprinting, at least w/o a weapon equipped when using Animation Project and EC.  With weapon equipped they don't seem to appear.  Second set is displayed lower, so you only really see it if you're looking at your feet as you sprint.  Hoping I can figure out some kind of workaround, as I really love the rest of the animations.  Honestly, the hands displayed while sprinting w/o equipped weapon are the one set of animations I'm not in love with.  If it was possible to disable just that it would be GTG.

**double correction - there is an option in the MCM to switch it off.  Bingo Bango Bongo.

The wheel menu from Lazarus Project is pretty spiffy and works fine with the rest of the UI section (still testing everything, was only able to run around a little today).  Not in love with the controls though.  Combined with the regular hotkeys and FPS Weapon Wheel, it is a powerful reduction on time spent in pause menu.

NPC's Travel seems pretty cool, though may actually make the wastes a little too lively, at least in some places.  One of my larger gripes with NV is how static and predictable all the spawn points are, I've always wanted something that would add a little dynamism to world...

Edited by baronaatista

Did more running around last night, 4 hands issue with 'item grab' animation - again only notice it if you're staring at your feet.  Something tells me it's a feature many will turn off anyway as it has other downsides - such as it being rrrrrrreally slow to pick up say a stack of bottlecaps.

Disabling the unequipped hand animations from sprint works great, though it also seems to disable head bob and feels too smooth, and kind of jives with the bobbing animations while equipped.

Still love the animations and functionality though, and there are tons of options for balance on all it's features in the MCM.

Item equipper and previewer from Lazarus Project are pretty snappy too.

I'm definitely keeping them both personally, though it might take a little playing around to get them set up properly.

Sold on Landscape Overhaul as well.  

Animation Project its a nice beautifull add but it kind move away from what i want from new vegas. I try it but for personal reasons i prefer not to use it but if someone wants i recomend turning off only the item grabbing. It stops the animation of picking stuff that can became very anoying still you can keep it for when you pick flowers or other interfaces like radios etc, since its not so usual during the game session it keeps the pretty stuff when its good to have it.

Lazarus Project i also try but i end up turning off most of it. What you guys like on it? Why would you recomend? Im in doubts of having it or not.

About the NVR3 i prefer it instead of FCO as well. Im using the FCO races only with the recomendation to using Fallout Character Overhaul 2.3.1 (without any esp esm) before Fallout Character Overhaul 3 (with the no npc edits esm) and it seems to work really well, didn't found any missing textures. However i would like to know if its ok to clean the NVR3 esm AND esp with no problems. Its kind of wierd this amazing author not to do it. 

NPCs travel its a nice idea but the npcs and their loot are just to much for the balance i like. I guess AWOP would be a better way to fill the gaps. 

Well, i leave my mods order list for anyone who wants to check it, maybe find something cool or give any suggestions. Have the MO mods list and the load order too.

https://pastebin.com/ygxCV3a2

Couple quick questions.

Anyone know if RoyBatterian is uploading CaliberX 5.x anytime soon? (Do know from the comments he had dental problems so not as active so hope he's okay).

And can FNV Project Reality Mk1 be used instead of RWL/Project Nevada? As RWLE is down while it's being fixed.

Couple quick questions.

Anyone know if RoyBatterian is uploading CaliberX 5.x anytime soon? (Do know from the comments he had dental problems so not as active so hope he's okay).

And can FNV Project Reality Mk1 be used instead of RWL/Project Nevada? As RWLE is down while it's being fixed.

Probably not, TTW has to be finished first (within the month most likely).

You can use project reality, though there is nothing wrong with regular RWLE

Looking to get back into New Vegas and set up my mods again. Looking at the guide, I recall a while back that one of the Project Nevada modules, likely Extra Options, was the cause of a memory leak that would make my framerate go to **** until I rebooted the game. Is this still the case?

Probably not, TTW has to be finished first (within the month most likely).

You can use project reality, though there is nothing wrong with regular RWLE

I'd say with RWLE being hidden and the comment saying it's buggy and broken says there's something wrong with it. Good to know though as the alternate weather mods the guide gives is only RWL and Nevada Skies and I prefer how Project reality looks and it's features compared to Nevada skies.

Enabling UIO seems to result in performance issues. Testing on a save starting in Goodsprings, game starts at 60fps. Turn around to look at the saloon, and it dips a bit, then sticks to 59fps, never goes back to 60, resulting in noticeable microstutter. Thought it might've been PN, but nope, seems it's UIO.

Edited by Jax765