Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

CASM was actually causing stuttering for me. With it installed, my framerate would start at 60, then when spinning around to face the Goodsprings Saloon, it'd dip a bit, then not go above 59fps, resulting in constant microstutter.

You mean from NVSR? I Don't use it. I meant the NVSE .ini that we create and add:

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=384

scrapHeapSizeMB=128

Its this what you say not to use?

That's correct.

NVSR is the one you don't want to use

Edited by darthbdaman

Hey wasted people of the goodlands ;)

I'm back in the saddle now, that is actually playing FNV after a long break, 1 year to be more precice.  I was just exhausted after going through and back and forth modding and tweaking FNV with the F&L guide + finding and fixing all sorts of performance and glitch fixes all over the internet for at least 3 months. 

I've came back and sorted out some old graphic glitches wich popped up when using ENB by turneing off antialiasing and anistrophic filtering in the launcher and finally found out how to use the Sort-o-matic and made some sort of order out of all the stuff i have collected during my time in the Mojave desert. 

I've been all the time subscribing to this thread so it seems alot of thing have happened since i last year, and of course i want to try out some new mods and mess things up again ;)

So i have two question.

1. What new mods (a year old or so) is a must have in your opinion?

2. Can i and how do i update JIP (and NVSE) without ruining my now seemingly very stable and cool Fear n Loathing version of Fallout New Vegas?

And a special thank you to all the Modders, Forum Admins and the Community participators for keeping this game alive and better all the time.

Viva La Vegas!

Encountering a strange issue with the GECK. Just popped up today, when I try to change an armour model file with another one from a mod directory within MO, it says "invalid directory". Was working fine yesterday, wondering why it's happening now.

You can't select a model outside of the data directory. 

CASM was actually causing stuttering for me. With it installed, my framerate would start at 60, then when spinning around to face the Goodsprings Saloon, it'd dip a bit, then not go above 59fps, resulting in constant microstutter.

I don't think CASM its the reason for that, but i may be mistaken. After deal with my stuttering and performance problems i realise its not a save script that kills the game frames. You should try the performance guide that was talked in here. 

Hey wasted people of the goodlands ;)

I'm back in the saddle now, that is actually playing FNV after a long break, 1 year to be more precice.  I was just exhausted after going through and back and forth modding and tweaking FNV with the F&L guide + finding and fixing all sorts of performance and glitch fixes all over the internet for at least 3 months. 

I've came back and sorted out some old graphic glitches wich popped up when using ENB by turneing off antialiasing and anistrophic filtering in the launcher and finally found out how to use the Sort-o-matic and made some sort of order out of all the stuff i have collected during my time in the Mojave desert. 

I've been all the time subscribing to this thread so it seems alot of thing have happened since i last year, and of course i want to try out some new mods and mess things up again ;)

So i have two question.

1. What new mods (a year old or so) is a must have in your opinion?

2. Can i and how do i update JIP (and NVSE) without ruining my now seemingly very stable and cool Fear n Loathing version of Fallout New Vegas?

And a special thank you to all the Modders, Forum Admins and the Community participators for keeping this game alive and better all the time.

Viva La Vegas!

You can check my mod order here: https://pastebin.com/ygxCV3a2

Just finished a clean install of F.a.L.N.V.

Do I need to keep the following mods active still (as in while I'm playing) or am I unnecesarily bloating my plugin count?

1. FNVLODGen Resources

2. JIP LN NVSE Plugin

3. LOD additions and improvements

I know that 1 and 3 were needed for LOD generation, but I don't understand while I'd still need them now.