4598 replies to this topic

#4591 zilav

zilav

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

Make sure that VWD flag is carried over into the bashed patch because WB failed to do that for me when I tried it's merging last time.

Also those LOD esps are required for gameplay only to switch off LOD models properly in loaded cells, they do not affect LOD generation itself in any way if you don't generate Trees LOD.

#4592 Mortercotic

Mortercotic

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

Yap, wrye bash really helps but nothing better than a manual... This sounded wierd.

Edited by Mortercotic, 15 May 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#4593 Skadi

Skadi

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

I've made a patch for Robert's and Pip-Boy Colours, in case anyone wants any of the optional colors, without the clipping. I'll leave this link here until I get permission to put it up on Nexus. 

Oh, and through some sort of telepathy, I had the same exact idea as this guy, and I upsized my loading screens and tweaked them a bit. I think mine are a little crisper, and I covered the main title screen and company screens, so if anyone wants them, have at it. I sent him a PM about using any of these he might like better, or to fill in any gaps, but I haven't heard back. 

Edited by Skadi, 16 May 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#4594 Jax765

Jax765

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

In the Geck, how would I go about randomizing the armour that an npc can spawn with? Drag's NCR overhaul adds extra ranger outfits, curious if I can have, say, Ranger Ghost spawn with a random set of ranger clothing instead of the same one each time.

#4595 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Make a levelled list with the armors you want, tick "Calculate for each item in count," add said list to the inventory of the NPC, making sure to remove the original armor too. You'll have to use the resurrect command on an NPC that has already spawned.

#4596 Gappy

Gappy

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

yo mono, what do you think about this Weapon Compatibility Project thing? Any potential incompatibilities with your equipment pack?

#4597 Jax765

Jax765

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

Make a levelled list with the armors you want, tick "Calculate for each item in count," add said list to the inventory of the NPC, making sure to remove the original armor too. You'll have to use the resurrect command on an NPC that has already spawned.

Thanks. Also is it possible to make it so that an NPC's clothing, if part of a levelled list, will change to another outfit in the same list if you're away from that npc for a period of time? IIRC, npcs with randomly-generated outfits will have the exact same outfits from the very first time you see them.

#4598 MonoAccipiter

MonoAccipiter

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Many things are possible with scripting, but such a thing needs scripting. What I usually do is I find a mod or a place in the game where something happens that I want to replicate, which in your case would be an NPC changing clothing. I'm not sure if I can think of any such events off the top of my head though. Perhaps the lady in Vault 21, she changes into sleepwear when you, uh, charm her. Might just be replacing her with a new (temporary) NPC though. You could try to see if there's any commands for refreshing inventory at the GECK wiki, and then look into making a script that counts the in-game days and refreshes after a while. In theory that should mean a new outfit each time it is refreshed, so long as they have a levelled list with multiple entries. 

WCP would probably undo all my changes, and thus, ironically, be very incompatible. 

#4599 Skadi

Skadi

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Alright. The fix for the Robert's Arm patch and Pip-boy light colors is a go.  As in the dropbox link, it has a fomod installer where you can select what color you're running with. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, new vegas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users