Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I've only ever AWOP in a TTW loadout, and I don't think I ever actually touched it. I watched Gopher play through some of it, and it didn't seem all that interesting to me, at least not enough to search out all the compatibility patches and look at it hard in xedit. 

ok I guess I will wait to see if Sarge198 will get back to me or see if mono can help me with it because he says something in his NVInteriors Rewritten mod about dragging stuff over to make it work in his comments section, but didn't go to much into it. thats really the last thing I need before I do the Running FNVLODGen section.  

Ok got the game up and running great except for one issue. I left Millenia's Additional Weapons & EssArrBee's Recommended Weapons on cheat so I can look at the weapons to make sure I want to keep them but when I get to docs house, I go there right away from alternate start and Im getting red explanation marks where all the weapons should be. and the gas station right next door where the pumps should be and a spot on the pickup truck and the weapon in the chest next to the salon same thing no textures. I guess if I need to I can just not use those mods but I love having more weapons to play with lol.

Ok got the game up and running great except for one issue. I left Millenia's Additional Weapons & EssArrBee's Recommended Weapons on cheat so I can look at the weapons to make sure I want to keep them but when I get to docs house, I go there right away from alternate start and Im getting red explanation marks where all the weapons should be. and the gas station right next door where the pumps should be and a spot on the pickup truck and the weapon in the chest next to the salon same thing no textures. I guess if I need to I can just not use those mods but I love having more weapons to play with lol.

ok so I removed Millenia's Additional Weapons & EssArrBee's Recommended Weapons and the red explanation marks are gone from docs place and no trunk now by the salon so none there either. Still both pumps and one in the back of the pickup truck at the gas station have the red explanation marks.

Exclamation marks are missing meshes I believe.  I'd check your install of Gas Pumps of New Vegas.

As for Millenia's stuff - pretty sure install instructions for Caliber X are not accurate, based on the now taken down v5.

Dirty Weasel Media has a good video on installing v4.017 for the guide.

Or check your WotNM install.  Either way, you can keep SRB's weapons and Millenia's cheat cabinet as long as you install everything correctly.

Exclamation marks are missing meshes I believe.  I'd check your install of Gas Pumps of New Vegas.

As for Millenia's stuff - pretty sure install instructions for Caliber X are not accurate, based on the now taken down v5.

Dirty Weasel Media has a good video on installing v4.017 for the guide.

Or check your WotNM install.  Either way, you can keep SRB's weapons and Millenia's cheat cabinet as long as you install everything correctly.

Yeah I will check Gas Pumps  and see what happens, I did go by Dirty Weasel Media for installing Caliber X and WotNM is fine those weapons are great its just the two additional weapon mod merges. I will go back in and take screen shots to post I am pretty sure its the gas pumps mod for the outside but in the back of the pickup truck not sure.

Yeah I will check Gas Pumps  and see what happens, I did go by Dirty Weasel Media for installing Caliber X and WotNM is fine those weapons are great its just the two additional weapon mod merges. I will go back in and take screen shots to post I am pretty sure its the gas pumps mod for the outside but in the back of the pickup truck not sure.

hope I posted this right.

Pu5URHY.jpg

Tirencia, I had the same issue with the gas pumps. The FLNW Guide is not very precise on the "One Last Merge" section, I am afraid. Here is what you have to do:

1. Create the "Gameplay Mods Merged.esp" as explained in the guide.

2. Go to "Gas Pumps of New Vegas" in the left pane of MO. Double click on it.

3. In the menu go under "Optional Esps" and move GasPumpsOfNV.esp under the Optional Esps.

4. Now tick on "Gas Pumps of New Vegas" in the left pane of MO to "activate" its textures.

5. Go to "Portable Campsite" in the left pane of MO. Double click on it.

6. In the menu go under "Optional Esps" and move PortableCampsite.esp under the Optional Esps.

7. Now tick on "Portable Campsite" in the left pane of MO to "activate" its textures and Pip Boy icons.

Edited by Majorman

ahhh ok ty tons that will save me from re installing that and remerging. Majorman did you have any issues with Millenia's Additional Weapons & EssArrBee's Recommended Weapons, I installed them for testing but got nothing but missing textures, all the WotNM weapons are fine no issues. If i need to its ok don't really need the extra weapons and all but more weapons the better lol.

its ok if it takes a little bit I am modding NV, FO4 and Skyrim  all at once, when I run into and issue and need a break I go to one of the others lol

Edited by Tirencia

Sorry, mate, I don't use any additional weapons, but my guess is that the solution provided for the Gas Pumps of New Vegas still applies here. Try one of those:

1. Go to the "Millenia's Additional Weapons" folder and open the filetree to check its contents. In case the folder contains only a single merged ESP, you will have to go through all of Millenia's weapon mods one by one, moving their esps to "Optional Esp" and activating them.

2. Alternatively, try building the merged plugin anew, but just double-check whether "Copy general assets" in the Settings->Integration tab is ticked. Ticking it should ensure (in theory) that all the content (i.e. meshes, esps, txt files, etc.) of the mods you want to merge is transferred in the new "merged mod" folder. However, in my experience even when the checkbox is ticked, Merged Plugins usually does not copy data other than the plugin itself, at least on my system. Hence the red triangles you see. Should you try this approach, please check the file tree of the merged folder once the merging is done and if it still contains only an .esp file refer to my suggestions in point 1.

-----------

3. If any of these work, don't forget to report on the solution for future reference.

4. If it solves the issues for "Millenia's Additional Weapons" for you, then apply the same "treatment" to EssArrBee's Recommended WEapons.

Your MergePlugins isn't set to copy general assets, so you're both just getting the merged plugin, or you're using the xedit merge script.

*Edit* Didn't see that majorman has his ticked. I've never ran into this issue personally. Maybe check that all the integrations are set properly?

Edited by Skadi

Hello everybody

I see people is more on that topic that on the support section. Smbdy can help with my issues ? Please :( 

It's here ... https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12208-problems-in-modding-my-fnv/

And I saw the question up in the forum but I can't find a real answer so maybe I'll ask it again (and sorry ...)

What do we have to take instead of 

Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement

?

Or we take nothing maybe ?

Thank you in advance and sorry to be the noob again :/

And I saw the question up in the forum but I can't find a real answer so maybe I'll ask it again (and sorry ...)

What do we have to take instead of 

Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement

?

Or we take nothing maybe ?

The alternatives are here: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas_Weather_Mods  I would take Realistic Wasteland Lightning.