Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished a fresh install of the game and the mods and I've got an odd error.  My enter key and directional keys will respond, however the rest of my keyboard does not.  In addition, there's no mouse feedback or cursor at the opening menu or when I try to move my character's head to look around.  Any ideas what could be causing that?  I thought I followed everything to the letter, but I must have missed something since I can't seem to find my particular issue online when I tried googling it.

Thanks so much.

Just finished a fresh install of the game and the mods and I've got an odd error.  My enter key and directional keys will respond, however the rest of my keyboard does not.  In addition, there's no mouse feedback or cursor at the opening menu or when I try to move my character's head to look around.  Any ideas what could be causing that?  I thought I followed everything to the letter, but I must have missed something since I can't seem to find my particular issue online when I tried googling it.

Thanks so much.

I'm a damn idiot.  I left my controller plugged in and that caused everything to stop working.  

Last post and then I'll be done for a while.  Everything seems to be playing nicely, but every 10-20 minutes, the game CTDs.  No error pop up, no stuttering to indicate an issue.  Just straight to desktop.  Here's the crash log for reference.

17185701 _ NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
17185701 _ 0DF80000 07050000 nvac.dll
17185701 _ 0DCC0000 05010020 nvse_1_4.dll
17185701 _ 76FF0000 0A003AD7 ntdll.dll
17185715 ; DEFAULT: Unknown file type on file 0
17185721 e 006FCF03 C0000005 FalloutNV.exe
17185721 _ DISABLED _LOD_ERR
17185721 e 006FCF03 C0000005 FalloutNV.exe
17185721 _ DISABLED _LOD_ERR
17185856 ; MENUS: (Dialog Menu) Invalid choice list encountered.  Closing menu...
17190218 ; script 'Expression Error: STACKUNDERFLOW' (1C00CC7C).

Disable the auto save mod. Some people reported issues with. Just remember to save!

Thank you for the suggestion!  Looks like that fixed one issue, but there's another now.

Any reason you can think of for CTD when changing worldspaces?  I try to go into Chet's store and it's always followed by a CTD.  New crashlog, as well:

18163501 _ NewVegasAntiCrash FalloutNV.exe
18163501 _ 0DFA0000 07050000 nvac.dll
18163501 _ 0DD00000 05010020 nvse_1_4.dll
18163501 _ 76FF0000 0A003AD7 ntdll.dll
18163514 ; DEFAULT: Unknown file type on file 0
18163516 e 006FCF03 C0000005 FalloutNV.exe
18163516 _ DISABLED _LOD_ERR
18163516 e 006FCF03 C0000005 FalloutNV.exe
18163516 _ DISABLED _LOD_ERR

Not sure what LoD error there would be inside of a building, but I'm confident that I used the LOD tool correctly.

Those _DISABLED _LOD_ERR show up even on a stable game, I think they are safe to ignore.

CTD could be a few things.  Bad mesh, bad edit to a cell, bad script, etc.

Load up your load order in xEdit and check for errors.  

Good news, it's not every world space.  Bad news, just the Goodsprings General Store.  xEdit loads up fine.  Checked for errors and nothing stuck out as a cause of the crash.  Is there any mod in loadout that edits the store that I may have screwed up on?

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I'm getting major lag after installing all the mods.  I'm running a 7700K, 1070GTX, and 16GB of RAM but get frequent lag ... often outside, but also pulling up my pip boy, or opening containers.  I'm running on an SSD.  Any ideas?

I wasn't able to figure out how to use DDSopt -- the quick guide and other instructions weren't clear enough to me to even know where to start (apart from downloading the correct DDSopt, the updated ini, and the FNV .bat files).  Could this help me and is there any step by step tutorial not already listed?  I've searched online and on youtube.

Thanks in advance.

diznanl

I'm actually curious on the Generate Bash Tags step during Post-Installation Checklist. Along the way from the very start of the guide, some merged mods had their bash tags generated already. Do we have to generate bash tags for this plugins again on post-installation or can we just skip them?

Hello All,

I'm getting major lag after installing all the mods.  I'm running a 7700K, 1070GTX, and 16GB of RAM but get frequent lag ... often outside, but also pulling up my pip boy, or opening containers.  I'm running on an SSD.  Any ideas?

I wasn't able to figure out how to use DDSopt -- the quick guide and other instructions weren't clear enough to me to even know where to start (apart from downloading the correct DDSopt, the updated ini, and the FNV .bat files).  Could this help me and is there any step by step tutorial not already listed?  I've searched online and on youtube.

Thanks in advance.

diznanl

Hello, I'm having major framerate loss in a number of areas after following the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas guide. I have similar specs to this fellow.

My computer's hardware is as follows,

Processor : Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core (2.6GHz, 6MB Cache, Intel Turbo Boost to 3.5GHZ)

Intel Turbo Boost Up To 3.5GHz) Graphics : Dedicated (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5 Dedicated Memory)

RAM : 16GB (DDR4 2133MHz)

My load order is as follows. https://pastebin.com/jY1ztEUD

The laptop runs Fallout 4 with numerous mods fine, outside of the usual problem areas (Downtown Boston etc) - So, I'm unsure why this is happening. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Edited by Chribolski

@Chribolski, check the ini file within the "New Vegas Stutter Remover" mod. I changed my FPS from 144 to 85 and that helped a ton. I don't mess with it anymore than that, if you have any other problems, I can't think of anything else you can do to fix them. I had major lag in different areas as well until I dropped my fps limit. Happy modding.

Edit: I'm also installing the guide on my roommate's PC a little at a time, so I'll share any fresh insight if I come across issues.

Edited by FuzzRocket9
  • +1 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I just started the guide but I am coming from other Skyrim guides, the thing I noticed is that there is no indication about cleaning the DLCs.  Should I do that o I better leave them alone?

Thanks in advance.

Regards