I have spent several thousand hours playing Tes3, 4, and 5. The GOG sale of FNV plus TES1 and TES2 for US$11.99 convinced me to switch to the Darkside.
I really appreciate the time and effort it took to create the Fear and Loathing in New Vegas guide. Thank you EssArrBee for a monumental effort!
I have several comments on the guide:
1. I think it would be helpful to put the following instructions in the "installing FNVLODGen" section:
"1. In the MO Executables menu select FNVLODGen.
2. Next to the Arguments text field, type " -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" ", without quotations. Additionally, any location outside of MO's virtual directory can be chosen.
3. Click [Modify], then [Close]."
Without this people might have a hard time finding the FNVLODGen output file.
2. I used Bethini to create the Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini. The options/questions that Bethini asks for FNV are only 20% of the number asked in Skyrim. It is so much easier to use Bethini because of the drastically reduced options. I did learn the hard way that making the suggested Fallout.ini and Falloutprefs.ini tweaks per the guide to the Bethini ini files results in the game freezing just prior to the main menu.
3. There is an instruction to untick Vurts WFO LOD Patches after running FNVLODGen. It would be nice if the instructions said that this was the only file that needs unticking.
4. For noobies it might be nice to say that the Alternate Start mod should be unticked if you are playing the game for the first time.
5. The latest ENB for FNV is 322.
Thank you ESSARRBEE and Bethesda
Edited by Rogdon, 06 November 2017 - 09:55 PM.