Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I searched for WMX-POPMerged and found these two messages from WilliamImm related to it. I'm guessing this mean WMX-POPMerged.esp is covered in one of the patches WilliamImm created, but this is just a guess.

I don't think there's much of a reason to use the vanilla Courier's Stash Integration file over the WMX compatible version - of which I had tweaked myself. This already has support for WMX built in - it really should just work (and should be used in place of WMX-POPMerged.esp).

I really only needed to use Yuki's script for shotgun critical damage. I know he orig. used VATSShotgunStraight for the orig.mod damage, but since the damage was altered to be more like the regular Caravan Shotgun, I used VATSShotgunCaravan. You really only need this plugin, and you should add an additional instruction to move WMX-POPMerged.esp to "Optional ESPs" if you haven't already - it's no longer needed. EDIT: I don't think I mentioned this mod before, but I really think this should go into the guide pronto: Armor Replacer Child NPC Fix. Because some of the children in-game use clothing replaced by the two body replaces used in the guide, it can cause some of the children to look seriously weird and abnormally muscular or busty (depending on male or female). This mod makes those children use normal child clothing instead, and in cases where that won't fit, copied versions of the unmodified vanilla armor/clothing. This means that the children will look the same as they do without any body/armor replaces installed. I tried (and failed) to get this into YUP, so I'm suggesting you use it here. (Unrelated: Even in Fallout, the moon size game setting is still iMasserSize... :rolleyes:)

I searched for WMX-POPMerged and found these two messages from WilliamImm related to it. I'm guessing this mean WMX-POPMerged.esp is covered in one of the patches WilliamImm created, but this is just a guess.

The original mod's version of the WMX plugin (Courier's Stash Integration) also replaced the WMX pre order plugins. As far as I know, this plugin also adds in the extra mods for the pre order weapons, but if they are not showing up, there might be another issue or something with this.

Check your load order, Jax? Maybe? See if the Integration plugin is being overwritten by something else.

Yeah, just realized that the Courier's Stash mod does its job for it. I hadn't completed my installation of mods before testing, which is why the weapon mods weren't showing up. All good now.

Also, NVR3 really should be in the guide. The FCO faces lean too much into the uncanny valley IMO, and NVR's a lot more stable now since the original release.

Also decided to leave Project Nevada out of my load order, because some of the key aspects of that mod are done far better in other mods now, like item sorting and sprinting.

Edited by Jax765

Yeah, just realized that the Courier's Stash mod does its job for it. I hadn't completed my installation of mods before testing, which is why the weapon mods weren't showing up. All good now.

Also, NVR3 really should be in the guide. The FCO faces lean too much into the uncanny valley IMO, and NVR's a lot more stable now since the original release.

Also decided to leave Project Nevada out of my load order, because some of the key aspects of that mod are done far better in other mods now, like item sorting and sprinting.

unless you don't need the other aspects of pn that should be fine, but those options can be disabled to work with the mod as well

Never really used the other aspects of PN, which tended to feel rather gimmicky. Not to mention having to deal with even more compatibility patches. IIRC, Extra Options also caused some sort of memory leak, dunno if it was fixed.

Are there any mods similar to Wasteland Clothing HD that cover outfits used by civilians (e.g. caravaneer, field hand)? The ugly vanilla textures tend to stick out against the higher-quality faces.

I installed the Caliber 3-18 FOMOD and CaliberX ESM update - v4.017 main files and the WotMM v1.1 CalX Patch optional file. MonoAccipiter has a post from last year that links to a Dirty Weasel video installing this combination of mods.

Good news!  The CaliberX team posted the 5.04 beta patch for WotNM.  Get excited.

No that's wrong they were reshared from an archive.  CaliberX is no longer being developed.

No, I understand that.  What I meant was, for the purpose of this guide, there's an instruction to download a WotNM patch specifically for the 5.04 beta.  That was posted back up, hopefully making that particular step in the guide easier.  Sorry for the confusion.

No, I understand that.  What I meant was, for the purpose of this guide, there's an instruction to download a WotNM patch specifically for the 5.04 beta.  That was posted back up, hopefully making that particular step in the guide easier.  Sorry for the confusion.

Ah ok.  No problem. 

I'm pretty tempted to make a spinoff of this guide that focuses on using more modern "black magic" scripted mods for a more flexible & extensible game. So instead of Project Nevada, using stuff like JSawyer Ultimate, the item sorting and sprinting mods, replacing CaliberX for Mojave Arsenal, among other things. I do think that a lot of the old stuff there could be done better by newer mods, heh. Pushthewinbutton has done a great job with his own works in that regard.

I'm pretty tempted to make a spinoff of this guide that focuses on using more modern "black magic" scripted mods for a more flexible & extensible game. So instead of Project Nevada, using stuff like JSawyer Ultimate, the item sorting and sprinting mods, replacing CaliberX for Mojave Arsenal, among other things. I do think that a lot of the old stuff there could be done better by newer mods, heh. Pushthewinbutton has done a great job with his own works in that regard.

That would be great.  There are alot of new mods to take advantage of these days and either have better options for compatibility, functionality, or both.  With this pack considered finished, a new one would be a breath of fresh air.  

Seeing stuff like Asurah's Animation Pack and Xilandro's Diagonal Movement and Weapon Inertia just makes New Vegas almost feel like a new game again.

Edited by ZidanReign

I've been running this guide mostly but dropped some of the major ones such as PN and use JSawyer Ultimate instead. Personally, I find this to be better since you avoid the cludge of additional gear that PN adds as well as all of the level lists it has to modify. It just feels like JSawyer was supposed to be part of the game it begin with.

I would like to try to find a good combo of mods to improve the gun-play aspect. Some like Real Recoil seem to assist. I would like to try out some alternative animation replacers that play nicely with WMX.

Thanks to some of the guides on this forum, I am able to more confidentially use tools such as xEdit to make my own manual compatibility patches without always relying on a Bash Patch to solve conflicts.

• 2 weeks later...