Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

So, i started a fresh install, followed the guide upto stage 4 (FIXES)

Loaded my game to test it out, and doc mitchell is purple! I never edited any textures, why would this happen?

verify integrity of game files and tick automatic archive invalidation

if those don't fix the problem redo every step so far

Edited by ZidanReign

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mono,

if you are still taking care of the guide, please note the instructions on Unofficial Patch Plus have to be edited. Any version newer than 2.0 is split into 2 plugins - one for bugfixes only, and another for modifying gameplay aspects.

I was planning on giving it a proper update, but the STEP 3.0 has given me some doubts. I'm not sure I want to dedicate time to something that will just be removed, and I'm not sure I have the ability to find a new place to host either. Best I can do is probably try to keep my weapons pack alive on the Nexus.

• 1 month later...

If you are using Mod Organizer 1.3, you can use the Manage Archives feature to load assets in BSAs even if they don't have an associated plugin or master.

If you are using Mod Organizer 2, you may need to extract the files from BSAs that don't have an associated plugin or master.

If you are using Mod Organizer 1.3, you can use the Manage Archives feature to load assets in BSAs even if they don't have an associated plugin or master.

If you are using Mod Organizer 2, you may need to extract the files from BSAs that don't have an associated plugin or master.

Thanks, I do use MO2, figured it out later.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping someone can give me some advice, I just finished the Fixes section of the FNV Fear and Loathing STEP guide. I tried running the game using nvse through MO but it won't even start.

It just has a black screen. I'm on Windows 10 so I made sure to disable the 2 functions in NVSR so I don't think it's that. The first time I tried to run it was just after installing New Vegas Stutter Remover and it won't go past the nvse command prompt screen with the black background. I thought maybe I should install the rest of the Fixes section mods but it still won't start correctly.

If anyone can throw me some advice I'd be really greatful. I'm trying to get it ready for the release of Fallout New California that releases tomorrow so any help would be amazing.

Here's some screenshots:

https://imgur.com/9KV2Tqq

https://imgur.com/Exh1K91

https://imgur.com/HaBX7SD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...