Photo

Google Chrome Can't Download from Skyrim Nexus using MO

Best Answer DoubleYou , 10 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

You do not need NMM for MO to download mods.

Proper debugging of downloading with manager issues should follow the troubleshooting instructions on the wiki:

Problem: When I click the Download with Manager button on the Nexus, nothing happens.
Possible solutions: There are many reasons why this may happen. Please try these possible fixes:

• Click the globe Globe_MO.png button.
  • Go to the Nexus tab in Settings and click the Associate with "Download with manager" links button.
  • Go to your ModOrganizer directory and run the nxmhandler application. If the program is pointing to Mod Organizer, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close. If the program is not pointing to Mod Organizer, right-click in the window and select Add, select the game you are handling, browse to the appropriate ModOrganizer.exe application, click OK, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close.
  • If you are using Google Chrome:
    1. Locate the "Local State" file (enter %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ in the Windows Explorer address bar).
    2. Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad while Google Chrome is closed.
    3. Search for "nxm" (Click Ctrl+F and enter nxm).
    4. Delete the line that says "nxm": false (if true, still delete the line).
    5. Save the file.
    6. Next time you click the Download with Manager button, Chrome should pop-up a dialog asking to launch the application registered for nxm links. Click Launch.
  • If you are using Firefox, open Firefox, and inside Options, go to the Applications tab. Search for nxm and point it toward the nxmhandler application located inside the ModOrganizer directory if the option exists.
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 Sarou89

Sarou89

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:49 AM

It worked, thank you.

#47 TheGamingGeneral

TheGamingGeneral

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

You do not need NMM for MO to download mods.

Proper debugging of downloading with manager issues should follow the troubleshooting instructions on the wiki:

Problem: When I click the Download with Manager button on the Nexus, nothing happens.
Possible solutions: There are many reasons why this may happen. Please try these possible fixes:

• Click the globe Globe_MO.png button.
  • Go to the Nexus tab in Settings and click the Associate with "Download with manager" links button.
  • Go to your ModOrganizer directory and run the nxmhandler application. If the program is pointing to Mod Organizer, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close. If the program is not pointing to Mod Organizer, right-click in the window and select Add, select the game you are handling, browse to the appropriate ModOrganizer.exe application, click OK, click the Register Active button, click yes at the prompt, and close.
  • If you are using Google Chrome:
    1. Locate the "Local State" file (enter %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ in the Windows Explorer address bar).
    2. Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad while Google Chrome is closed.
    3. Search for "nxm" (Click Ctrl+F and enter nxm).
    4. Delete the line that says "nxm": false (if true, still delete the line).
    5. Save the file.
    6. Next time you click the Download with Manager button, Chrome should pop-up a dialog asking to launch the application registered for nxm links. Click Launch.
  • If you are using Firefox, open Firefox, and inside Options, go to the Applications tab. Search for nxm and point it toward the nxmhandler application located inside the ModOrganizer directory if the option exists.

Thanks!

#48 KUNGFUDAD

KUNGFUDAD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:06 AM

I am consistently suffering an inability of MO to login to Nexus. I've confirmed my username / password combination by logging in & out of Nexus via Google Chrome.

On the off chance it was the infamous Google Chrome SNAFU with handling external programs I tried the debugging steps shown multiple times in this topic section. I happen to be running Windows 10, and have attempted to use the 8 debugging steps for google chrome while it was set as default web browser, and also tried using internet explorer & edge as default web browser and performing steps 1 & 2. Additionally, I have used the workaround section for which I have updated the NMM version to reflect what is on the web page i.e." 0.61.23 "

I did have partial success in that clicking the green download NMM button does properly instantiate a download attempt via MO. Unfortunately for me there was no success with logging in to Nexus so the download eventually fails.

#49 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:49 AM

There is some issue with Nexus I believe. I too am seeing this and the most likely scenario is their servers are being flooded with new users, perhaps due to the holiday in the USA?

Whatever the reason ALL issues like this are due to Nexus and not MO. This is easy to understand when you consider there has been no change to the MO code that handles the logging in for some time now and only now are there reports.

Wait it out and see or simply download all your files manually and move them into MO's 'downloads' folder for easy installation.

#50 TheAbstract17

TheAbstract17

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:07 AM

I'm also having log in problems with MO logging into Nexus. Hopefully this is an issue on their end

#51 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:14 AM

I just saw someone mentioning similar problems with NMM on Reddit. Link.

#52 GSDFan

GSDFan

Jarl

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:37 AM

Holiday weekend (US) + summer picnic sale = nexus problems.

#53 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

All good for me now, so clearly the Nexus servers where struggling.

#54 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

I noticed several users on Nexus reporting similar issues with Nexus Mod Manager earlier today so, yeah, most likely Nexus server issues.

#55 KUNGFUDAD

KUNGFUDAD

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:19 PM

I am consistently suffering an inability of MO to login to Nexus. I've confirmed my username / password combination by logging in & out of Nexus via Google Chrome.

On the off chance it was the infamous Google Chrome SNAFU with handling external programs I tried the debugging steps shown multiple times in this topic section. I happen to be running Windows 10, and have attempted to use the 8 debugging steps for google chrome while it was set as default web browser, and also tried using internet explorer & edge as default web browser and performing steps 1 & 2. Additionally, I have used the workaround section for which I have updated the NMM version to reflect what is on the web page i.e." 0.61.23 "

I did have partial success in that clicking the green download NMM button does properly instantiate a download attempt via MO. Unfortunately for me there was no success with logging in to Nexus so the download eventually fails.

I'm happy to report that after about 2 hours into manual downloading & installing STEP-core mods I gave an experimental click of the mystical magical green button of power and it was working again at approximately 0200 hours CST (Central Standard Time). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users