Enchantment Reload Fix (by egocarib)

statmonster

Discussion thread:
Enchantment Reload Fix by egocarib
Wiki Link

Excellent new enchanting fix by Egocarib. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52717

You may have noticed the game engine bug that causes weapon enchantments to drain more charges after you save and reload the game. The price of enchanted weapons also jumps significantly higher. These problems become worse as your enchanting skill increases. Once you've reached a high level and begin placing more than one enchantment on a weapon, the charges can drain extremely quickly after game reload. These side effects are all due to an error in how the game stores enchantment data, which causes it to incorrectly recalculate the costs associated with player-made enchantments after the game reloads. This SKSE plugin fixes all these problems, so that you can now enjoy having an enchanted weapon that retains the same price and number of charges that were displayed at the enchanting table when you first enchanted it, no matter how many times you reload the game. Should be compatible with everything, including custom enchantments from other mods. Although it's somewhat inconsequential, this plugin also fixes a little-known bug that results in player-made enchantments losing the conditions that their base enchantments had (for instance, the condition that causes Silent Moons enchant to only work at night, which is lost on player-enchanted versions -- it works 24-7 instead. Most people don't notice this because Silent Moons is broken to begin with in Vanilla Skyrim, and if you have the USKP, they fixed it a different way, by adding those conditions to the magic effect instead of the enchantment).

Accepted for STEP 2.2.9.1. Edited by EssArrBee
Fixed link and added mod info

• 4 months later...

I would disagree that this should have been apart of 2.2.9, as it had a few issues, causing ctd. Since these are supposed to be fixed, perhaps, but we like to test things first. Would you mind testing it?

I have used it in 5 playthroughs (Almost only STEP Extended) over the last months with no issues (:

Just so you're not trying to pin the tail on the donkey here if any of you want to test this, here is how to reproduce the crash:

Download one of the old versions (1.0 or 1.1) and craft a Silent Moons or Frost enchanted weapon at the enchanting table. If you do that and then save and reload the game once or twice, you'll experience the crash.

The problem was that those particular enchantments had conditions on their effects that were not being properly saved, and so the game didn't know how to interpret them when reloaded.

Haven't heard any other bug reports since I fixed that in 1.2, but if you notice anything don't hesitate to let me know and I'll pop open the hood and have a look :)

• +1 2

• 6 months later...

egocarib is really becoming one of those modders that just makes nothing but essential mods.

This is a no brainer for testing.

• Verify bug.
  • install mod.
  • verify fix.
Any takers?

Vanilla - Before save/, after save/load:

OJqCg81.jpg5mGz5MZ.jpg

gif provided for easy comparison. Notice the price, and the size of the darkened section of the charge bar:

7I4tIUU.gif

Using this mod - Before save/, after save/load:

H9l5QV3.jpgg6ViwiR.jpg

Before and afters are exactly the same, but I ASSURE you that they are before and after shots!

Conclusion: The bug exists, and this mod fixes it.

(Now I just need to find out which mod makes that godawful noise when I draw an enchanted weapon, it's horrific!)

• +1 1

Conclusion: The bug exists, and this mod fixes it.

(Now I just need to find out which mod makes that godawful noise when I draw an enchanted weapon, it's horrific!)

I think this mod belongs in STEP. I haven't experienced any issues with this mod. It's also on the list of bug fix mods that Arthmoor/USKP recommends.

Edited by Harpalus

Yeah, my goal at the moment is to get the final few USKP recommended bug fixes into 2.2.9.1, or 2.3 at the VERY latest.
They've all been thoroughly tested outside STEP, and there doesn't seem to be any real opposition to their inclusion. If there were any way to add them to USKP, they'd already be in.

Edited by Xaviien

Vanilla - Before save/, after save/load:

It's Animated Weapon Enchants. I would highly recommend that we change our recommendations for that mod to use the optional version without the "horrific" enchanted weapon draw noise.