Leaves (by ramccoid)

ramccoid

Sure thing! I am currently reassessing my merged plugins. I think I have all the small mods merged fine and many quests too. Just need to fix how I have merged level lists, make sure they are bashed properly before merging. I have been hanging out at the merge plugin forums and have learnt a thing or two.

I can now say without a doubt:  The Dandelions ARE very noticeable and VERY VERY AWESOME!  First notice it around Markath.  

Its beautiful and not out of place.   Its like they were there all the time.  

I am using the 512 version and I noted no discernible performance drops.

• +1 1

Thanks for trying them out in the game and I'm very pleased that you found them pleasant on the eye.

The vanilla effect to me appeared to be a waste of graphic performance because they were so blurry and extremely hard to make out, what they were.

• +1 1

Great report, I pleased to hear this as I too have the 512 dandelion seeds installed but haven't ranged far enough afield to see them yet. I have the 1024 snow installed and I like that very much, thanks ramccoid, nice work.

https://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w568/redirishlord/TESVexe_DX9_20140416_062813RamccoidSnowandSerenity_zps283d1d8e.png~originalhttps://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w568/redirishlord/TESVexe_DX9_20140416_062813RamccoidSnowandSerenity_zps283d1d8e.png~original

Reaching back further in the post, you might consider 2k interior/exterior texture sets Garfink. I fail to notice a meaningful difference between 2k and 4k myself (of course I'm viewing on a desktop monitor, your results may vary), although the performance hit with 4k textures in the mix is significant (for me at least, although these days enb memory management seems to be the great equalizer). A more featured enb preset (like Serenity and its various presets) may be a better use for your surplus performance.

Edited by redirishlord