Dreadflopps Modular patches

Ah, I do have TTRSO loaded earlier in the list; it's probably that. I'm tempted to give Ordinator a go though too. It looks like there could be some good stuff in there.

One thing I wasn't too sure about is how LOOT handles modified/merged plugins. I've used BOSS until recently so I'm still getting to grips with LOOT. With BOSS, it obviously wouldn't recognise any non-standard esp names so you'd make your own load order rules in those situations. I've yet to see LOOT highlight any unrecognised plugins... is there still need for some manual intervention beyond the mods highlighted in the packs?

Edited by Quinnbeast

LOOT checks plugins for conflicts and sorts them automatically, it will therefore never have any unrecognized plugins. It still has a masterlist since some plugins are sorted wrong. Some plugins are not in the masterlist and are still sorted wrong, if so you need to make a rule for it. All LOOT rules you need are in my packs. There are LOOT rules in the STEP guide too.

• +1 1

Hahaha. Yeah. So maybe I have missed some of the rules from your packs. I scrolled through the Dovahkiin pack and got as far as the LOOT rules at the bottom and thought "hmmm... this bit of the guide doesn't actually look all that familiar". I'll go back through them all methinks, just to be sure. I'm clearly a little too keen to get to the good stuff i.e. playing it.

Thanks for all the feedback dreadflopp, I'm off to RTFM.

Edited by Quinnbeast

dreadflopp,

Have you try Wintermyst? I used it with my last playthrough and like it a lot. I loaded Morrowloot after Wintermyst and use Skyproc patcher per Enai's recommendation. No high level equipment leak through level 42 (My character level). I am not sure that Skyproc patcher is necessary if we don't use additional weapon or armor mods.    

dreadflopp,

Have you try Wintermyst? I used it with my last playthrough and like it a lot. I loaded Morrowloot after Wintermyst and use Skyproc patcher per Enai's recommendation. No high level equipment leak through level 42 (My character level). I am not sure that Skyproc patcher is necessary if we don't use additional weapon or armor mods.    

I actually haven't but looks like a very good mod from the description. I tried adding it to my load order and run the Skyproc patcher. Either way (with or without the patcher), high lvl loot is added. Not sure why you didn't have any in your game. It was sorted before MLU but it doesn't matter since new items always are added to the bashed patch.

I'll make a patch some other day. I think the MLU author might do one if you ask since he/she has done a lot of other MLU patches and wintermyst is a popular mod. Otherwise I'll make a patch. Not today though. Going to play the game :)

• +1 1

I guess i was a little too quick to judge the compatibility of wintermyst...

To make it compatible with morrowloot, create the bashed patch without wintermyst installed/activated. After the bashed patch is created, activate/install wintermyst and run the wintermyst skyproc patcher. And you are done.

And use this patch for some minor conflict resolution:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15909840/MMO/MCR%20MLU%20-%20Wintermyst%20-%20AOS.esp

Edit: one more thing, remove the bashed patch from Wintermysts block list

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

Enai also suggests running Lootification before running Wintermyst, since Wintermyst only adds enchanted variants of items that had enchanted variants in the first place.

Also, question. Is there any reason why Lost Longswords and Lore Weapon Expansion are not in Deleveled Loot? Morrowloot Ultimate has patches for those mods, so I don't think there should be any balance problems, and they add some really beautiful and well made weapons.

Enai also suggests running Lootification before running Wintermyst, since Wintermyst only adds enchanted variants of items that had enchanted variants in the first place.

Also, question. Is there any reason why Lost Longswords and Lore Weapon Expansion are not in Deleveled Loot? Morrowloot Ultimate has patches for those mods, so I don't think there should be any balance problems, and they add some really beautiful and well made weapons.

I'll check lootofication. I'm guessing jaysus swords and immersive armors needs to be on a blocklist if lootification has one.

I didn't know about lost longswords but I'll check it out along with warmonger armory and make patches if needed. Lore weapons expansion is in the pack.

Thanks for the suggestions!

As I understand it Loot and Degradation removes the need for Lootification while offering a much easier alternative.

It looks like it, at least from what is stated on the description of Loot and degradation. I don't know if it will and enchantments from other mods (like wintermyst) to new weapons though. Not a big problem imo but it might be worth checkin out lootification anyway. If it works smoothly it's probably less taxing on the game/engine since it's done without scipts in game.