Dreadflopps Modular patches

Hey thanks for the tip with Bring Your Silver, I missed the 'VampireWeaponsANY' entry... not long after you said that, a Vampire showed up with an enchanted ebony sword.  Curses.  Edited the list (copied as override into your merged patch, and removed the Ebony and Glass weapons from the list), rebuild bashed and ASIS and I'm good?  Or will bashed patch merge the two lists?  Not really familiar with how leveled lists work.

ahh that's why those vampires had glass weapons now I know how to fix thanks.

Hey thanks for the tip with Bring Your Silver, I missed the 'VampireWeaponsANY' entry... not long after you said that, a Vampire showed up with an enchanted ebony sword.  Curses.  Edited the list (copied as override into your merged patch, and removed the Ebony and Glass weapons from the list), rebuild bashed and ASIS and I'm good?  Or will bashed patch merge the two lists?  Not really familiar with how leveled lists work.

It should work, since my merged patch has delev tag.

Plans:

* Animal Tweaks will most likely be added back, SkyTEST probably not.

* AAE may be added when the next version comes out. Read some posts about it on its nexus page and its changes may be a little over the top for my taste. Ghosts and Vampires gets 95% damage reduction from most weapons meaning they are near impossible for NPCs to kill. This may change, or may already have changed. I'm waiting for the next version before I decide if I'll use it. It also needs quite a lot of patching. I'm going to study SirJestos patches further and give some feedback.

* More interesting loot for Skyrim will be added, I need to make a simple patch for it first. Since I can't do actual in-game testing atm I'll recommend Darth_Mathias MCM settings for it.

Edited by dreadflopp

Hey just updating LOOT and having to redo my rules because I re-did my FNV install and that screwed up LOOT associations, and I couldn't remember the proper way to fix it so I just deleted the LOOT appdata folder.  Anyway just wondering about a couple rules from Dovahkiin Reborn; 

Load CACO patches merged.esp after Ordinator - Dragon Perks Respec.esp
* just a tiny note, filename is Dragonborn Respec.esp if I'm not mistaken.

Load CACO_Immersive Creatures patch.esp after MUS patches merged.esp
* what patch is this?  don't we merge all the CACO patches?

Load CACO_Hunterborn_Patch_lvl list.esp after MUS patches merged.esp AND after CACO_Immersive_Creatures_Patch_ lvl_list.esp
* not seeing a Hunterborn lvl list patch in Dreadflopps CACO Patches download

*also noticed the Wintermyst link in Gameplay Rebalance points to Wildcat.

Also, I was wondering what you do about Vivid Weathers/Vividian (if you have in fact decided to use that combo this time around).  Currently I'm following the SRLE instructions, merging it all together.  However your patches (at least, in the past, haven't dl'd the recent patch as I don't wanna completely update just yet) require Vivid Weathers.esp, so I change the name, but that screws up my MCM.  Everything still works fine as far as I can tell so it's not a huge issue.

*damn so sorry for all the questions.  Can/should I apply your LOOT rule for Relighting Skyrim - Legendary to the FULL version from SRLE?
Edited by baronaatista

Oh and by the way for Campfire additions;

Tentapalooza

Hearth Craft

Haven't tried them yet, but I'm going to add Tentapalooza and ditch Dig Site & Simple Bedrolls - Tentapalooza incorporates Dig Site, and Simple Bedrolls just has a lot of issues and apparently no support.  Tentapalooza gives me a variety of placeable safe storage containers and that was the big thing anyway.

Hearth Craft though looks and sounds really neat, and will likely have a better implementation of the crafting stations I'm missing with Simple Bedrolls, but also sounds like it will need some patching.  It also sounds like it's going a little further than I might want in general, and I really dislike cluttered menus! ... So I'm not sure about that one, but I'm gonna check it out at least.

Great feedback, thanks!

Load CACO patches merged.esp after Ordinator - Dragon Perks Respec.esp
* just a tiny note, filename is Dragonborn Respec.esp if I'm not mistaken.

Fixed.

Load CACO_Immersive Creatures patch.esp after MUS patches merged.esp
* what patch is this?  don't we merge all the CACO patches?

Fixed. Old rule, deleted it.

Load CACO_Hunterborn_Patch_lvl list.esp after MUS patches merged.esp AND after CACO_Immersive_Creatures_Patch_ lvl_list.esp
* not seeing a Hunterborn lvl list patch in Dreadflopps CACO Patches download

Fixed. Deleted. Old rule.

*also noticed the Wintermyst link in Gameplay Rebalance points to Wildcat.

Fixed.

Also, I was wondering what you do about Vivid Weathers/Vividian (if you have in fact decided to use that combo this time around).  Currently I'm following the SRLE instructions, merging it all together.  However your patches (at least, in the past, haven't dl'd the recent patch as I don't wanna completely update just yet) require Vivid Weathers.esp, so I change the name, but that screws up my MCM.  Everything still works fine as far as I can tell so it's not a huge issue

I'll take a look at that, Neovalen has probably done a merge I wasn't aware of. The patch is just a forward of a record that is won by the STEP patch, you can skip this patch and forward the record into the merged patch yourself until I fixed it.

*damn so sorry for all the questions.  Can/should I apply your LOOT rule for Relighting Skyrim - Legendary to the FULL version from SRLE?

No, that isn't necessary.

Oh and by the way for Campfire additions;

Tentapalooza

Hearth Craft

Haven't tried them yet, but I'm going to add Tentapalooza and ditch Dig Site & Simple Bedrolls - Tentapalooza incorporates Dig Site, and Simple Bedrolls just has a lot of issues and apparently no support.  Tentapalooza gives me a variety of placeable safe storage containers and that was the big thing anyway.

Hearth Craft though looks and sounds really neat, and will likely have a better implementation of the crafting stations I'm missing with Simple Bedrolls, but also sounds like it will need some patching.  It also sounds like it's going a little further than I might want in general, and I really dislike cluttered menus! ... So I'm not sure about that one, but I'm gonna check it out at least.

I'll take a look at them. I haven't gotten around to check out any of these mods yet. Please let me know what you think when you tried em. I agree, i dislike cluttered menus as well.

Thanks again!

I meant to mention - don't know if you saw this thread about Nam0/Nam9 world space edits;

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11025-worldspace-nam0-and-nam9/

Or caught any of the discussion on the SRLE Extended thread about Scarcity and the bashed patch? The MA is saying that it's not necessary to run the quick change script on the BP, as he/she is using a Global variable that overrides what's being carried into the patch. Unfortunately I don't have time to dig up the pages right now, but it should be in the SRLEX thread, not too far back. That thread moves quick though!

Thanks again!

I meant to mention - don't know if you saw this thread about Nam0/Nam9 world space edits;

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11025-worldspace-nam0-and-nam9/

Or caught any of the discussion on the SRLE Extended thread about Scarcity and the bashed patch? The MA is saying that it's not necessary to run the quick change script on the BP, as he/she is using a Global variable that overrides what's being carried into the patch. Unfortunately I don't have time to dig up the pages right now, but it should be in the SRLEX thread, not too far back. That thread moves quick though!

I have seen them both. I have one patch that contains a Nam0 edit which needs to be fixed, I can't remember which one. It might better DG entrance, which isn't in any of my packs.

Regarding Scarcityand the Bashed patch, I'm going to remove the instructions to patch the patch. I want to look at Scarcity in xEdit one more time first though. If the leveled chance entries aren't needed, why are they there in the first place?

Regarding Scarcity and the Bashed patch, I'm going to remove the instructions to patch the patch. I want to look at Scarcity in xEdit one more time first though. If the leveled chance entries aren't needed, why are they there in the first place?

yes i really could do with this confirmed by someone who know more about leveled list then i do some say the script is needed the mod author swears it's not. I currently have left in my guide as a a really confused by the whole thing.

Yeah I obviously have nothing to add there, it did sound strange to me.  

I can say though I'm almost 100% certain the last time I got around to actually playing I had not done the quickchange script, and played all the way to level 7 (lol) without noticing any discernible difference in the amount of loot I was getting.

Yeah I obviously have nothing to add there, it did sound strange to me.  

I can say though I'm almost 100% certain the last time I got around to actually playing I had not done the quickchange script, and played all the way to level 7 (lol) without noticing any discernible difference in the amount of loot I was getting.

I will await Dreads conclusion.

I will await Dreads conclusion.

The fix for Scarcity isn't needed. I don't know why Syclonix changes the LVLD values but they don't seem to matter. They are overwritten by the LVLG values. If this wasn't true, the mod would do the opposite to what is is supposed to; the chance of NOT getting an item on many leveled lists would be 0. The LVLG values are provided by the two plugins that are merged into the bashed patch. If the LVLG value wasn't used instead of the LVLD value, these two plugins wouldn't work and Scarcity would most of the times do nothing and sometimes increase the spawn rate of loot.

More info:

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Mod_File_Format/LVLI

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Leveled_Lists

I'm removing the fix.

Edited by dreadflopp

The fix for Scarcity isn't needed. I don't know why Syclonix changes the LVLD values but they don't seem to matter. They are overwritten by the LVLG values. If this wasn't true, the mod would do the opposite to what is is supposed to; the chance of NOT getting an item on many leveled lists would be 0. The LVLG values are provided by the two plugins that are merged into the bashed patch. If the LVLG value wasn't used instead of the LVLD value, these two plugins wouldn't work and Scarcity would most of the times do nothing and sometimes increase the spawn rate of loot.

More info:

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Mod_File_Format/LVLI

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Leveled_Lists

I'm removing the fix.

Ok thanks for confirming Dreadflopp I will let Darth know when he get in and we will remove the Bash patch scripts. I really should also get my head around leveled list I've just not had much time lately.

Ok thanks for confirming Dreadflopp I will let Darth know when he get in and we will remove the Bash patch scripts. I really should also get my head around leveled list I've just not had much time lately.

Your welcome. Understandable that your time is limited since you recently moved and have kids on the way.