[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

CBBE clothing and armors for cury and slim bodies: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12273/?

As far as I'm understanding it, if you use the CBBE Nevernude Vanilla options then you shouldn't need any armor replacers as it's based off the vanilla body with only minor edits. If the skin is an issue there are a ton of skin retextures for CBBE as well as a good underwear replacer: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2215/?

EDIT:

No one post for the next few minutes. I'm moving this to better place to continue discussion.

Thread split. Please continue.

When I said neck seams, I meant stuff like this or this (which happens when you use a body replacer with a vanilla outfit)

As for the CBBE replacers, check the list of armors that have been covered, that's what I meant by no support for most vanilla clothes/armors.

EDIT: And my post went in the wrong thread because of the ninja edit, durr.

Edited by CJ2311

Did you guy even read what I wrote? :turned:

As far as I'm understanding it, if you use the CBBE Nevernude Vanilla options then you shouldn't need any armor replacers as it's based off the vanilla body with only minor edits. If the skin is an issue there are a ton of skin retextures for CBBE as well as a good underwear replacer: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2215/?

Correct me if I'm wrong with that understanding.

That link I post is ONLY for Cury and Slim body options to make them compatible.

That link I post is ONLY for Cury and Slim body options to make them compatible.

Pretty sure that link is for all CBBE variants, the installation instructions seem to support that.

5. (Optional) If you use the Slim or Vanilla body, go into the 'Options' folder. You will see two folders, 'calArmorVanilla' and 'calArmorSlim'. If you use the Slim body, go into 'calArmorSlim', and extract the 'meshes' file there into your C:/.../Skyrim/Data folder. If you use Vanilla, go into 'calArmorVanilla', and extract that 'meshes' folder into the same place.

That's not confusing and conflicting information at all:

This mod requires that textures from either CBBE Curvy or CBBE Slim be installed (ie, install CBBE first!). Note, both texture options are compatible with all armor options in this mod.

Haha!

I downloaded the mod and it would appear there is an optional folder with vanilla option replacers in it. Sooo...you are correct...it would seem. ::):

I'm waiting on Z to toss in his two cents before acting on anything here...just to let everyone know.

/snip

And no matter which one you pick, a whole heap of custom armors will cause clipping or horrible neck seams.

UNP/CBBE-type mods shouldn't really be in STEP imho.

/snip

CJ raises a very important point here. STEP:Core is supposed to serve as a BASE for extensions (packs). By forcing certain body type that will eliminate the possibility to use custom armors in game, we're also drastically limiting possibilities of the pack authors to include custom armors, which isn't great considering what STEP:Core is meant to be.

Better Males made it in as it corrects quite a few vanilla faults, sure the skin textures are an improvement over original material but that is ok, using options you can get close to an improved vanilla look. The female body and skin also needs attention. Using a non-nude version that is close to or the same as vanilla in size should eliminate the need for tailored clothing mods and also allow for pack authors to choose to change that body if they choose and add in required outfit mods to suit. The use of a full skin (body and face) re placer such as "Mature Skin" tends to eliminate neck seams. Neo's SR uses UNPB (another option) less appealing for STEP but that option does not need to be made as does BBP, the extra mods added to support this are minimal and mostly meshes. It would not be hard for STEP to recommend something similar using SFW and non-BBP options in all cases.

I think it is a no brainer that something should be done as most users do add these mods in to their build and I am sure that many would appreciate a STEP choice helping them make the desired improvements while staying true (AMAP) to vanilla and to the bewildering array of clothing mods. Once the base is set then it become easier to add in more options over and above the STEP CORE build.

::):

Better Males made it in as it corrects quite a few vanilla faults, sure the skin textures are an improvement over original material but that is ok, using options you can get close to an improved vanilla look. The female body and skin also needs attention. Using a non-nude version that is close to or the same as vanilla in size should eliminate the need for tailored clothing mods and also allow for pack authors to choose to change that body if they choose and add in required outfit mods to suit. The use of a full skin (body and face) re placer such as "Mature Skin" tends to eliminate neck seams. Neo's SR uses UNPB (another option) less appealing for STEP but that option does not need to be made as does BBP, the extra mods added to support this are minimal and mostly meshes. It would not be hard for STEP to recommend something similar using SFW and non-BBP options in all cases.

I think it is a no brainer that something should be done as most users do add these mods in to their build and I am sure that many would appreciate a STEP choice helping them make the desired improvements while staying true (AMAP) to vanilla and to the bewildering array of clothing mods. Once the base is set then it become easier to add in more options over and above the STEP CORE build.

::):

This right here! I completely agree. As well as CJ's and root's points above.

We didn't have to add in several other mods to keep Better Males compatible with clothing and armors and jewelry and capes and superhero outfits. The only way I can see STEP adopting a female replacer is if this remains true for that replacer as well. We need to aim for a female replacer which is vanilla friendly that doesn't require several custom armor and clothing mods just to keep it compatible. It needs to be compatible with vanilla everything and that has been the point I've been trying to make with this thread and challenging the mods chosen... which are not compatible with vanilla meshes at all.

We need to aim for a female replacer which is vanilla friendly that doesn't require several custom armor and clothing mods just to keep it compatible. It needs to be compatible with vanilla everything and that has been the point I've been trying to make with this thread and challenging the mods chosen... which are not compatible with vanilla meshes at all.

That's why I suggested Prometheus' female body + the two other mesh mods. I use those in my game, and they're an improvement compared to vanilla imo, but still compatible with all vanilla clothing.