[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

We need a vanilla female body improvement. As I understand UNPB without all of the bigger boobs options allows vanilla armor meshes (unisex) ... we don't need female-specific armors unless hips and boobs are bigger than vanilla.

If I am wrong, then we need to create a custom compilation and host ourselves (with permission where necessary). We definitely don't want all of the complications and forward incompat that an overly voluptuous female body replacer will bring. We just want an improved vanilla female body like better males. There must be some mix'n'match options that con be combined into a single mod and hosted on the STEP Nexus. This is typical for body replacers ... many variations and shared resources for custom compilation under a single mod.

As much clipping As there is in vanilla, there will be that much more with a replacer. Even when using adapted meshes. I know the calf muscle area of UNP has clipping issues when sneaking and dimon never got around to it before disappearing.

I usually use alt navetsea since it doesn't have seems and I like the textures with the right SSS settings in ENB. I think everyone else has convinced me of doing a 'Body by STEP' Pack instead of putting it into core. We could use a texture only replacer, but I'd only support that if it covered the whole face and body.

@RSB: Mature skin looks good (realistic) and covers the whole body (the UNP version works with vanilla based bodies)

I don't get any texture seams with it either, which is a plus.

EDIT: Probably should mention that link is NSFW, in case someone doesn't get the clue from this thread's title ::P:

Edited by CJ2311

I've spent several hours browsing through Nexus for something that would fit into STEP. I've found:

Prometheus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7198/ (Basic but better than vanilla)

CNHF 1_0: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34213/ (We'd only use the mesh and possibly the skin texture. I've contact this author to see if this is 100% vanilla compatible. Just waiting on a reply.)

All UNP and CBBE bases that I've found thus far are not vanilla compatible and require altered clothing and armor. I'd have to contact the author of UNP Blessed Body to find out if it is or not but being based on UNP, my logic tells me it is not compatible either.

Ok, so I gathered some compares of the mods mentioned to be compatible with vanilla (or possibly). I know that CNHF is quite smooth and more pale but keep in mind the skin texture can be switched out on most models. Please note that nothing was changed besides the female meshes and texture between these shots.

COMPARES REMOVED....please forgive. The images were deleted from the host.

After seeing these compares, I'm not so sure CNHF 1.0 looks like it'll be vanilla friendly. That is a big change from the default mesh. If there is a mod you'd like added to the compares that is vanilla friendly please post with a link and I'll see about updating the compares.

EDIT: Updated with CNHF 2.5 because the author replied and said it's mostly compatible. Any of these will require some bit of testing though.

EDIT2: UNP Blessed Body not include as it causes CTD when loading and previous saves. Works fine when starting a new game, but if that is a requirement it's a deal breaking requirement for STEP.

I was really biased towards CNHF.  I haven't tried it myself, but it's the one body mod that I've been tracking for awhile and have been tempted to try.  I like the look of many of the screenshots on the mod page, and I absolutely love the look of the armor conversions. 

However, I have to say that looking at these compares, my preference is vanilla in each shot.  I even prefer vanilla over the current STEP (which seems to have a grayish cast, at least in this lighting).

EDIT: With the addition of CNHF 2.5 to the compares, I like it the best.  It smooths over some of the blockiness of CNHF 1_0 and is an improvement over the proportions of vanilla.  Also, the underwear has the most period-appropriate look, even if it is slightly more of a departure from vanilla.

I was going to include UNP Blessed Body; however, it's causing a CTD when activated and loading any of my saves. I find this odd because it's only meshes and textures. It did work when stating a new game; however, that's a deal breaking if installing the mod will require starting a new game.

EDIT:

So far I agree with the above. XCE is causing a terrible greying of the skin. CNHF 2.5 is my favorite out of all and it should be compatible with some skin replacements if we don't like the default.