[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

I've been testing the skin pack and it looks great. I found one invisible NPC (Dinya Balu in Riften), but that was because I use EEO, so I just marked the elven files as hidden in MO (just dark and high not orc, I noticed there was no wood).

However I did find Grelka to have turned invisible, I'm not sure if that's on my end but it very well could be.

What would really be helpful is if you added a version number and upload date in the OP. That would be great because then it would be faster for me to check if there is an update.

Also, one more request, could you post more comparison screen shots?

Very nice work so far. :thumbsup:

Edited by Vulgar1

Invisible NPCs is going to be on your end. These are direct vanilla replacements so it's just replacing the textures from the vanilla paths. There hasn't been an update in a long time, but I have been working on it a bit today and will update it later. So far I've reduced the shine on the skin a bit and made it more even. I don't want to reduce it too much since there's suppose to be a bit of a shine to it. However, I like the improvements. I'm also looking into the neck seams on darker races. It's very tricky because as soon as you mess with the colors and blending you end up with neck seams being very visible. It has to be an exact blend which is incredibly hard to do. I really wish the bodies and heads were within the same texture file. Would make editing these far easier.

I've taken some compares been vanilla, current version and the update that I'll be posting later. I'll add them to the OP when I post the update.

I noticed you don't have any tintmask files under a character assets folder. I used the tint masks from SG Female Textures with you texture pack and noticed no seams. Maybe something like that could aid you, I'm just throwing it out there.

On a side note would you by any chance no what may cause invisible NPC's. I'm really hoping it's mod conflicts and not my laptop dying.

Edited by Vulgar1

I wouldn't even know where to start with the invisibly NPCs. I would probably just deactivate anything to do with NPCs that include an ESP file. Just texture replacers wouldn't cause that issue.

I'll look into the tintmasks, but sticking with vanilla is preferable to custom tints.

EDIT:

As far as I can tell, tintmask are just highlighting certain areas of the skin to give better definition and there is nothing that highlights around the seam on the neck. Think...highlighting the collar bone to make it look like it is higher than the flat texture; thus, giving a natural appearance of definition in that area as light hits it.

With invisible NPCs do you mean the old issue where all they are is a head, maybe hands and feet but no limbs and torso? 

I'd be looking at whether it's only happening to NPCs of a certain race or are wearing a certain armour first.

No I mean they are completely invisible. The only reason I knew they were there was becuse their name's popped up when my crosshair went over them (and I used detect life). And it's only been the two I listed so far and like I said when I hid the dark and high elf texture folders in MO Dinya Balu appeared when I reloaded. Then when I went out into the Riften Market I noticed Grelka was missing. It may have something to do with armor. I use IA, but they were both visible before I used these textures. So if anything it is a compatibility issue but who knows, there is more testing to be done.

The thing about tintmasks is you can use them to make necks slighly darker or lighter and change the way they interact with light and it just seems like a way to deal with seams, but I'm no expert by any means.

Edited by Vulgar1

No I mean they are completely invisible.

This starts to go off topic, but I've had invisible NPCs and invisible items. I have never been able to prove what is causing it but it appears to be random for me. I'm thinking you just reloading your game solved the issue, not removing the textures. I think the cause of this is too many mods, too many scripts, too slow game/script engine or too slow computer.

Tintmasks are just black backgrounds with specific areas highlighted in white. In this way they behave very similar to specular maps. I've not seen one that highlights the neck seam area in white meaning there would be no highlighting of the neck seam (as there should be because of its location on the body) and, thus, no way to use tintmasks to high those seams. Most of the overhauls I've used for reference when researching don't actually include any tintmasks either.

One of the things I have yet to figure out is how the game applies the different colors to the skin. I can only assume it is a real-time render and not a texture overlay since I've yet to find any such overlays. This would mean it's even more important to get the seams sorted out properly. Everything I've seen leads me to TexBlend for this if I can get the correct files made for it. I have a post on the mod's forum asking for help from the community on this (the author's mailbox is full so that option is out).

Checked this out ingame. For several of the lady's in Whiterun, I saw little issue, but there is were a couple that had a noticeable neckseam. Here are two screans of the most noticeable one (first screen has shade, so I followed her until she was in the sunlight for another screen.

Shady

Sunlight

Edited by Spiffyman

Neck seam = very well known issue with this mod. Thanks for the report but this is well known by myself. Users don't need to report on neck seams until I've updated with a fix. Once that has been done, these reports will be more useful. For now, the seams are here to stay. I think I have a fix, it's just going to take some work to test and then implement.