[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

Well it is morning here and I just woke up, so get crackalackin'. lol 

There are other people who have downloaded it too, so I don't  expect you to do everything personally Tech. I just wanted to know if it is working for everyone else properly. I will try and iron out the thighs while croutching when I get another chance. It was not really much of a problem though, but still I will have a look.

Depending on the textures you're using, part of the thigh seam issue can be fixed in the textures. I "fixed" most of it on the vanilla meshes by painting past the edge in some locations on the texture where it looked like black pixels were painted in error. (I think...it was a long time ago, but I do remember I did this and it worked)

Nah buddy, what I mean is because there is a fully body mesh now under the underwear, it clips through slightly when croutched on the thigh area. I mean it is much much better than gaps, but it is something that can perhaps be polished out. The texture seams under the thighs looked a bit better to me since I remapped it, but I could be imagining things.

Well for future reference for everyone, I found to things funny about the textures (this might just have been the mod I was using and not vanilla)

This in the blue channel (I think) of one of the normals I was using (modders resource)

Q5FZmBr.jpg

And the black area in the thigh that I mentioned above that just required painting over. So if anyone does some texture work, be aware of these two things.

...now back to the meshes!

Corrected statement above

The characters use object space normals, but from what I have read, the regular tangent ones are better on meshes that 'deform'. I can convert them and have a look if you have any files you wish to PM me for characters. Take your time.

Edit: Ah old files were old. I have to go now, but I just quickly shoved the actual files in here:

SP Female Body V3.5.7z

The older files were outdated and had a bit more clipping. I probably can't fix that becuase the crouch animation is the weirdest position ever and it might make the other animations look off. As I said before though, it really isn't a problem and mostly affects the lowest weight female. I will probably call the above file finished actually becuase of that. Oh yeah, the underwear texture positioning is better too like the skin, which I forgot to mention.

Ciao.

P.S It would be really nice if you guys can spend 5 checking it out as it will be probably be used in STEP right? I think Tech said something about uploading it as a resource, but not sure if it will be recommended. Possibly.

Edited by Guest

SP Have a good look at the shoulders, here's vanilla meshes with Bethesda Hires texture packs, versus your meshes with the same textures :

JPIoCvL.jpg

7Ssfs6v.jpg

Its like the edge of the shoulder has been selected with a flesh magnet, and dragged down a little, also deforming the front collar bone.

Open the images with a right click in two separate browser tabs, then flick between the two to compare the diff

Couple more minor issues - Very minor, "barely detectable unless you are looking for it" minor.

First is the wrists, slight seam detectable especially if you are redguard female

( again open these up with a right click on a new tab for bigger versions )

The yellow line is following the curve of the line, adjacent to the seam but not covering it

vPhZf6s.jpg

Not so easily detectable in first person, but still slightly there ..

B6I5rce.jpg

And on the legs, slight seam from the inner thigh down to just below the knee detectable

n7447Ka.jpg

Lastly .. But this is mostly due to the vanilla feet not the body mesh, the original cornish pasties have a colouration mismatch at the ankle

mU5ektF.jpg

Other than those and the shoulders, its looking good SP.

I tried it with various skin colours and races, pretty good all round for what you probably consider a beta at this stage.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Thanks Alty, much appreciated. The shoulder issue is probably due to the remap. You see I can't move the edges to fix anything or it will make the body incompatible with the vanilla textures and any other texture. It just looks like I can only 'unfix' the collar bone and that is all sadly. 

Technically Bethesda should have done a better job before they ran their normal map. My version is the model with hardly any stretching present. That collar could be fixed in the normal map, but as I say it will make it uncompatible with the vanilla body. If you guys don't care about that then get that normal map ediited for use only with this body! If I revert the collar bone mapping there will be stretching again.

So what is it to be? Revert the collar bone or someone edits the normals?

Edited by Guest

Out of interest, thought I'd share my results with SP's meshes.
I'm waiting for the perfect vanilla body to happen and came across this thread while searching.  Keep tabs now.

I just tested out SP's new file (hope you don't mind) with the following mod order and the included images are the result.

- STEP-XCE
- STEP - SP's Test Meshes
- Mature Skin 2 Vanilla
- Battle Hardened for Vanilla
- No More Bronze Shine (yep, I have to use this or I get tide marks on my skin/can't use enb).

This girl is on the heaviest weight.  I really like the result (despite my bad lighting).  Yes there is the shoulder blade issue which SP is already aware of, but those terrible leg seams are gone (YEY).  The only thing that bugs me now is the skeleton.

Note that the following images where taken with no ENB (My old lappy can't handle ENB's), just STEP ELE, Dynavision and Imaginator, and it had turned slightly overcast just as I was about to screenshot.  (Hence the torch).  Also ignore the body freckles.

Screenhots...(images are a bit big so stuck them in a spoiler).

2015-09-12_00003_zpsvthcooer.jpg2015-09-12_00005_zpsxjk270wo.jpg2015-09-12_00002_zpshtplhsyh.jpg2015-09-12_00004_zpsbnkocasr.jpg2015-09-12_00001_zpscubdwzut.jpg2015-09-12_00007_zpsawmukrnj.jpg2015-09-12_00006_zpsy9tercbj.jpg

Amelli you stalker!  :lol:

Nice to see you around! You are perfectly fine to use the files obviously. If your seams are improved on the legs it is possiby my mapping edits that helped. If that is the case then that is gooooood. Thanks for the images! 

Well it's confirmed I am the Devil now. 666! Yikes!

Edit: Where are you Tech? Put your wine down and get in here!

Edit 2: Yeah Tech which is true for most, but you did say you would have a gander today. You could have quickly answered my normal map question, as it's going to be either you or me sorting this out in our spare time. I don't think answering a question takes up a lot of time. I haven't looked in here since this morning, but if Alty hadn't appeared (and Amelli tonight) I would have thought everyone would have lost interest. It's nice to get a comment or two as it keeps me focused on it all. Knowing I am doing something useful for people is why I do things like this.

Edited by Guest

I don't know how to map normals to these bodies. I'd rather the edits and fixes work correctly with vanilla textures and normals to make it the most compatible as it can be with mods that replace the vanilla assets.  STEP Female Overhaul already has permissions to use many of these mods that replace vanilla assets, but are set up for the vanilla meshes. Like the Battle Hardened Body mod mentioned above. STEP has permission to include those normals so they would need to work with the mesh edits and fixes being done.

Hope that made sense.