[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

Right:

SP Female Body V4.0.7z

It's 9am here so I'm just junking this out before I get busy at midday. Untested, but should work perfectly. I only slightly improved the stretching this time to fit the vanilla textures. If you guys can give it a thumbs up when you get chance, I will certainly call it done, then someone can upload it. Either Alty, or any of the STEP staff anyway.

Full change log for EVERYTHING I have done:

• The vanilla body is now replaced with a more complete version of Bethesda's female.
  • Gaps have been fixed on the front thigh area, the buttocks, and the top of the underpants.
  • The underpants are now fully 3D, which each side rendering a texture. The cloth also been loosened slightly away from the skin.
  • Bra fixes have been made. The left strap is now void of clipping and an inverted polygon error.
  • Slight texture stretching fixes to improve clarity on everything.
Edited by Guest

Yeah I agree with Tech, I see what you are trying to do with the shoulders, but if they are to be vanilla mesh replacers which could be used with many different custom textures based on vanilla .. Then all custom texture sets would also need new bump mapping done, and without beths original very high poly meshes ( and your edits applied to those aswell ), any new normals produced are going to be a bit sub-par, theres also the problem of getting original texture artists to revisit their projects to make their normals STEP Female compatible.

Woops incoming new post before mine - New version already :D = Grabbing and will test .. But I am just about on my way to driving my family to visit the in-laws on the east coast so will be away for a few days :(

We are a bit delayed setting off .. so have taken advantage of the extra time ...

The collar bone looks good now with the meshes from Post #572, and the following screenshots are with Phygit's FemFeet installed ( Phygit's FemFeet )

( also using the body texture from FemFeet which has better blended ankles than vanilla when used with these feet meshes )

ODXBZ9w.jpg

4NeEj9t.jpg

HnOlbyZ.jpg

dyRDJCy.jpg

Even the old folk look good ( ehm, well you know what I mean :P )

Right got to go this time, much travelling to do. I think these would be good uploaded to the S.T.E.P Nexus page.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Thanks bud. Seems fine to me. Enjoy your trip.

Edit: Oh boy not happy with that FemFeet mod having a look at it. If you look at Bethesda's models the data size matches perfectly. In FemFeet they don't. In my recent experience with this, that means the weights do not match. You should be able to fix this by copying the NiTriShapeData from one foot to the other, then saving it as the original. Also make sure to change the NiHeader strings corresponding to which file you are saving out. Example: Change 'femalefeet_0.nif' strings to 'femalefeet_1.nif' if you pasted over the '0' file with the '1' version.

I promise I'm not talking gibberish. Honestly... Damn game development stuff making me sound like a total nerd. :lol:

Edited by Guest

Amelli you stalker!  :lol:

Nice to see you around! You are perfectly fine to use the files obviously. If your seams are improved on the legs it is possiby my mapping edits that helped. If that is the case then that is gooooood. Thanks for the images! 

Haha, yeah, sorry, didn't mean to appear a stalker.  Just seem to keep bumping into you.  Your just too famous XD

I'll test out the new file (I need to go and hunt down my illusive polar bear texture anyway ingame.  Can't find a bear when I want to, lol), it's the best vanilla edit I've seen so far that doesn't drastically alter the mesh too much.  

Out of curiosity, where is the current STEP guide link for these female recommendations shown?  I had a quick gander and couldn't seem to locate the right area.  But then I am very tired and therefore blame it on my bleary eyes.

Edited by Amelli

Polar bear? I thought you were doing brown bears? lol

I have no idea where the stuff is around here. I'm just here to annoy as many people as possible and make some cool stuff. ::P: I'm sure someone else will point a link out for you soon.

Polar bear? I thought you were doing brown bears? lol

I have no idea where the stuff is around here. I'm just here to annoy as many people as possible and make some cool stuff. ::P: I'm sure someone else will point a link out for you soon.

Lol, a bit off topic, but yeah, I'm doing all the base bears fusa provided meshes for.  I plan to give all fusa meshes a texture makeover.  Once I'm happy I'll release it on nexus.

• +1 1

STEP Guide is here: https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.1

If you're referring to this Female Overhaul. It's not done yet and has never been released, just some alphas/betas for testing. This last time I worked on this was December of 2014 and that file is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1_Nlyy2ueu0N29SdkZpUTFwSlE/view?usp=sharing

Yeah, I've been waiting around for mesh fixes for a long...long time. Haha!

I need some coffee before I start any work on this stuff... :coffee:. I'll check them out. Once I'm done, I'll upload the texture as a modders resource on the STEP Nexus page though it might get more visibility on it's own page. ...no, cooffffeeee!

As it seems like quite a big package, I would upload it to the STEP page and stick it on its own page. That way the people who might be interested in it and have not read the guide (for some reason) will get a chance to try it out. This seemed like a problem for me not releasing things on their own and then sticking them in my collection. The problem being if you are not subscribed to my mod, you might not be aware of a lot of the new stuff you may or may not be interested in.

Also don't forget to do those quick FemFeet changes I mentioned. I found a few complaints and images in the comment box there that I think is caused by what I mentioned. Something about certain shoes mess them up.

Edited by Guest

Can't see why as the skin mesh is pretty much untouched. Are you saying it is a texture issue or not? If there are any gaps I couldn't have created them for sure.

I checked with several textures to make sure it wasn't a texture issue so it has to be something in the mesh. The light "pops" around the seams. Made you a video so you can see what I'm seeing: https://copy.com/DzXqiuy04nK2gtJ6 (try not to pay attention to the textures...movie maker's encoding sucks!)

This happens with all textures I tried so it shouldn't be a texture issue. It is most visible around the wrists, but also appears around the neck and ankle seams. Just looks like they are disconnected by just a hair.

Well this will be a very tetchy issue to fix I am pretty sure. It vastly improves with ENB though and is hardly noticable at all. I'm not sure if it is a particular weighting issue with the Astrid skin or it's just another gap error like the one on the vanilla model. I tried moving it with the smallest value I could and it clips. I tried sewing the various body parts together and it doesn't fix it. I can't get in to pull one point on top of the other (to match positions) as it looks like everything is connected perfectly already. I'm not sure what to say other than possibly pull parts of the other model and sew them onto this to get the positioning right. It's a lot of work for a very minor issue. I'll see what I can do perhaps tomorrow as I am very tired right now, so my mind is not at its peak.