[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

Yeah the Dragonborn might look like a Nordic Amazonian gym bunny but what about all the other characters and races in the game, essentially we are back in personal taste grounds. What about EBD, that way you get a variety of textures. Or at that point in the guide instead of linking to several specific mods it could link to a separate short sub guide that show a variety of different options with install instructions and pictures so users can make their own choice and or get a sense of how to build their own. So instead of recommending a STEP option, STEP just recommends that a mesh and texture re-placer is used and a link to the sub-guide which can also include any armour modifications. That way everybody's happy and STEP has delivered once again.

::):

It might suit my taste, but CNHF 2.5 also suits STEP better because it is closer to vanilla than UNPB (speaking of meshes not textures). So I'm mainly grading from that point and not my personal tastes...even though they are matching up at the moment. :^_^: The fact that UNPB makes the characters shorter is a bit of a concern for vanilla compatibility. Ultimately the power modders are going to use whatever they like (remember STEP is only a guide not a bible that has to be followed). The newer or less experienced modders will probably just use whatever STEP recommends. Therefore, I hear your concerns you stated above, but they're not really an issue. The same can said for Better Males which has already made it into STEP.

Please note that if UNPB is the favored choice it would also require XP32 Maximum Skeleton and FNIS be moved to Core as well...which could lead to even more incompatibilities with Packs. I really don't think it's a good choice; however, let see how the coins fall.

Let me get this strait... xp32 skeleton whose sole purpose is compatibility and FNIS which has the same mission... not seeing the issue with those :).Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Maybe, but there is a reason as to why they're not Core now. I'm not sure what that/those reasons are; however, it could be as simple as no Core mods need them...yet.

I don't think UNPB looks particularly well proportioned, and what's worse it doesn't even look anatomically correct.  The waist looks unnaturally pinched (though admittedly not as bad as some mods out there), and she's too short and skinny.  But, more importantly, where are her hips?  Her waist ties directly into her thighs.  Did they forget about the pelvis? 

I think CNHF 2.5 is walking away the winner here; the body just looks right, particularly in a setting like Skyrim.  However, I honestly don't feel that vanilla is all that bad of a default. 

I wanted to share an observation I saw today after installing CNHF 2.5. I think Consistent Older People and CNHF 2.5 have some really bad neck seam issues. I noticed it on Frelia particularly, and I'll keep an eye out for other older neck seams. That sounds weird to type out.

I like the CNHF 2.5 body. It just seems more realistic to me.

I don't think it makes all the body types look alike. It can minimize some of the odd thinness that certain poses emphasize. Like that weird over-the-shoulder twist. (at first this was cool, but then they freeze in place and it looks like mannequin abuse) In MW I often confused Imperials and Bretons. In OB all humans started to blend. In Skyrim the Nords are emphasized but I just can't see who's an Imperial and who's a Breton. Is dirt supposed to be a clue? (Can I say I really miss the elongated feet of the Argonians and Khajiit from MW? Because I do.) My point being that body similarity is in the vanilla game: Altmer are too short, Bosmer too big, Orcimer not nearly big enough, Redguards too small, Dunmer too fat, Imperials are Bretons in armor (I stand by this!!!), Khajiit too beefy and Argonians too slim. Bethesda has taken the Star Trek approach to races: it's all in the head.

For the clothes and armor, I think CNHF works with vanilla. I don't keep close enough watch on clipping that I can point to which instance was or wasn't in the vanilla game reliably. If I read everything properly the clothing and armor packs are not so much to match the body model but to match the intent of the mod: "no boob windows", and they are made for females rather than slapping boobs on male armor.

Better Males is great, but don't forget it is a compilation of more than 5 modder's work. For pretty much the same reasons it is unlikely to find one female replacer improvement mod to meet all criteria.

I wanted to share an observation I saw today after installing CNHF 2.5. I think Consistent Older People and CNHF 2.5 have some really bad neck seam issues. I noticed it on Frelia particularly, and I'll keep an eye out for other older neck seams. That sounds weird to type out.

Consistent Older People may have issues with the majority of these mods.

Well, since I know just about nothing about female body mods for Skyrim, have you considered the one recommended by the author of better males? 4uDIKs Real body -4RB- by 4uDIK https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6667/

It has several options for females, and includes an underwear version. Haven't tried it, but just throwing it out there. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the vanilla female body. But then, I haven't stared at it very long...

Well, since I know just about nothing about female body mods for Skyrim, have you considered the one recommended by the author of better males? 4uDIKs Real body -4RB-

Looks interesting. Gives the ladies a more mature and well-nourished look. At least that body type suits most of the NPC women best, since they are middle-aged and not all the type of a "Nordic Amazonian gym bunny".

The thread itself is safe. Some of the links within are not. We need to remember to comment when posting NSFW links that they are so that way people don't click on them at work, but for now that will work. I think when I have some time, I do some testing with CNHF 2.5 to check its vanilla friendliness, since it seems to be getting the most praises out of them.

@Tech

What options did you use when installing UNPB? Could you define that and the options you did not use? there may be better options for UNPB for fitting with vanilla, but I can't recall now.

... also, max skeleton should be used in all compares (and I favor that for Core as well as FNIS)

I used Neo's; however, the more vanilla friendly ones would be:

Static Breasts >> SFW or Nevernude >> SFW >> Skin Textures (we'd probably replace this) >> Core Files >> Install (that underwear needs to be replaced too)

Neo's options add bouncing breasts and more cleavage. Regardless, the body size remains the same so you'll end up with shorter more petite females than vanilla no matter the path. This is probably why most UNP bodies require UNP armor replacements to keep compatibility with armors and clothes.