CK doesn't see mods installed in Mod Organizer

ipmlj

Question

Hello,

I have a problem using the Creation Kit from within Mod Organizer. I am following the SRLE build by Neovalen. My build is not a pristine SRLE installation and does not include any changes Neo has added since 23 MAR. For a description of my build you can find it here under the subsection "RECAP". My system specs: here.

Problem description: after launching the CK thru MO, the mods that are installed do not appear in the File>Data menu of the CK. I see only: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawngaurd.esm, Hearthfires.esm, and Dragonborn.esm

Additional notes: Initially, I could not get the CK to launch at all neither thru MO nor Steam. I added the skyrimeditor.ini tweaks to allow multiple masters and added the archivelist and sresource info according to the SRLE guide. I also unistalled & reinstalled the CK while trouble shooting the startup issue. Ultimately, I had to move the d3d9.dll from the ...Skyrim folder to a temp folder (as it is necessary for my ENB). Moving the d3d9.dll to a temp folder allowed the CK to launch thru MO and Steam.

How can I use the CK for my current build to make a patch? Do I need to install everything via NMM so the CK can see the mods and then restore the pristine skyrim installation from backup?

Edit:

Also, when launching the CK via MO I get the following popup-

This process requires elevation to run.
This is a potential security risk so I highly advice you to investigate if "F:SteamsteamappscommonSkyrimCreationKit.exe" can be installed to work without elevation.

Start elevated anyway? (you will be asked if you want to allow ModOrganizer.exe to make changes to the system)
Edited by ipmlj

Alright, well I don't know why but its working now (thru MO) and the CK sees all the plugins.

What I did:

• Unchecked the "run as administrator" for both MO and CK executables.
  • Unchecked compatability mode for the CK.exe (I had set it to Win 7 --I'm running Win7 Ult 64bit)
  • Moved (edit: a copy of) the plugins.txt from my currently loaded profile to the F:Steam...Skyrim installation folder

This removed the elevation prompt when launching the CK from MO however the CK failed to launch and MO hung at the "MO is locked while running the executable" msg.

Then I cut the plugins.txt that I had pasted into the F:Steam...Skyrim folder and pasted it to desktop. Now the CK launches fine and sees everything installed for my current profile. I'm at a loss as to why its working though.

Edited by ipmlj

Iirc there was a ticket in the bug genie issue tracker of MO with a similar problem. Tannin provided a workaround there. Also pretty sure it was discussed here and or in the Nexus forum at some point. I know needle/haystack. I've limited time atm and haven't been able to find it back with a fast search. When working with scripts please have a look at the MO wiki, tab 'third party programs'. I apologize for not being able to provide you with a real answer, but I hope this info points you in the correct direction. Should you find the information, please update this thread. Afterwards I will put it on the wiki or my 'stuff to put on the wiki' thread.

Thanks for looking into it and for the reply. Yes, I haven't found much via searching either. I think I may have created the problem with  "elevation" when messing around with permissions and compatibility (trying to get it to launch). I need to go back and reset these and see if it fixes that problem. Before I uninstalled/reinstalled the CK I was not getting that prompt/warning from MO.

Edit: Wondering if plugins.txt is not seen by the CK or is in the wrong location?

Edited by ipmlj

Alright, well I don't know why but its working now (thru MO) and the CK sees all the plugins.

What I did:

• Unchecked the "run as administrator" for both MO and CK executables.
  • Unchecked compatability mode for the CK.exe (I had set it to Win 7 --I'm running Win7 Ult 64bit)
  • Moved (edit: a copy of) the plugins.txt from my currently loaded profile to the F:Steam...Skyrim installation folder

This removed the elevation prompt when launching the CK from MO however the CK failed to launch and MO hung at the "MO is locked while running the executable" msg.

Then I cut the plugins.txt that I had pasted into the F:Steam...Skyrim folder and pasted it to desktop. Now the CK launches fine and sees everything installed for my current profile. I'm at a loss as to why its working though.

This didn't do anything for me..I still can't see the Plugins/Mods when I launch CK :(

I launch the CK through MO v1.2.9's exe function (with no special treatment, just locate the exe through MO's browser to initially set up) and it all goes to plan, the plugins from the currently selected profile appear in the CK. I am running MO v1.2.9 as an admin (to avoid the annoying messages on launch).

I launch the CK through MO v1.2.9's exe function (with no special treatment, just locate the exe through MO's browser to initially set up) and it all goes to plan, the plugins from the currently selected profile appear in the CK. I am running MO v1.2.9 as an admin (to avoid the annoying messages on launch).

It refuses to show my plugins..no clue why :(

I never got those elevated messgaes either..CK just runs..but I don't see my mods only the mods in the data folder.

Edited by NewYears1978

Which version of MO are you launching it through?

I just got it to work by setting User access to skyrim folder, full control.

Then I put the SteamAPP id in MO (had tried that before) and checked override....then randomly..it worked.  Maybe it was giving full access to steam folders...but if it is..I don't know why as prevoiusly I was running as admin which should have worked. Odd.

I get like ..... 10-20 errors though in the CK (always been that way though..normal I guess..)

Edited by NewYears1978

Errors are normal for CK. There's a reason why we say to give Skyrim folder full control.

Yah I had done it not sure how it got reset.  Possible when I bought a second SSD and moved Steam to that drive.  Was running SSD OS drive with my games on it and decided to get a second GAME SSD...the settings must have reset then.

TBH. I have two 240GB SSD's (one for my laptop and one for my desktop) and what I would do (and probably will here soon after SSD reformat) offload games that don't need mods or textures to a fast (7200 rpm or higher) SATA III HDD with 64MB cache.

Alright, this is strange.  Now I'm also having this problem (CK does not show MO loaded mods).  I've tried different permisssions on MO and CK (run as administrator and not) without any change.  I've also checked the permissions for the Skyrim folder, and it already has full access for users.  Any clue what I should try next?

Edit: BTW, I'm running Mod Organizer 1.2.10

Edited by Thalioden

Skyrim's Creation Kit's Steam App ID is 202480. If the Steam App ID is not set in the Configure Executables window with Overwrite Steam AppID checked with the value of 202480, the Creation Kit will not be able to see your mods. Also, Steam should already be running prior to launching Creation Kit.

Awesome!  Thanks DoubleYou.  That (the AppID) did the trick.

And thank you, too, fireundubh.  That would have been my next question. ;-)

Now on to conquering script editing and compiling through Sublime through CK through MO.  I know ... I'm a glutton for punishment.