Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer and Release Date

Neovalen

The thing about Bioware is that you can always count on good writing. Even the games people don't care for, ME3 and DA2, have solid writing and dialogue. I am hesitant to pre-purchase the game though, now that the two guys that left the company are not there anymore.

I completely skipped DA2 because I heard too many bad things about it. I actually never completed the story from Origins either. I loved the game; however, always ended up stop playing it and never returning as I would find myself too busy or into something else. I do that a lot...play a game til I'm tired of it, switch to something else and may or may not return to the first game that I never finished. lol

EDIT:

On that same note, I'll not be finishing Mass Effect (never have either.) I was doing well, but since I switched to Windows 8, my old saves do not work properly. Therefore, I'll most likely abandon it and move on to Mass Effect 2 rather than starting over.

Mass Effect 3 had a great gameplay though, not just the story. It's flaw was mostly the ending(s). Dragon Age 2 on the other hand is more of an action RPG (and from what I've seen so far in the video TechAngel shared, DA3 is heading in the same direction :/)

EDIT: @Tech: You should really finish DA:O then, it's bloody brilliant, and totally worth playing and replaying again. :D

Edited by CJ2311

I've seen tons of gameplay footage from various sources that I feel reassured its not a reuse fest like DA2. It looks to feature most if not all known lore locations/regions. The combat looks decent and the enemies are not scaled like in many games... remains to be seen the level of character interaction, etc. The tactical overhead camera and giving orders while paused is back from DA:O so it won't be stuck camera but likely will be more fast paced like DA2 and on a more massive scale.

I want the gameplay to be a cross of ME2/3 and DAO. DOn't know how that would work because DAO was semi-turn based, but I think it would be fun to find out.

Actually, they should just make a game where you play as Morrigan and go around being a bad ass witch. Just mess everything up and be a completely terrible person. That would be ideal, but I am kinda awful that way when I play games. I always go dark side.

I was thisclose to just setting up a sleeping bag in the Bioware base at PAX... also I just read that Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth) did some voicework. Is it ok if fandoms cross the streams?

Posted Image

I'm pretty excited to see this engine in action and hopefully get some very interesting combat mechanics. I read that you can run with 3x of a class with how they have the companions set up - it's going to be tough to choose one main party comp :(