Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer and Release Date

Neovalen

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to this... hope its not disappointing like DA:2 was. I really love the setting and storylines. DA:O was one of my favorite games of all time... if not my favorite period.

Interesting. I think the game lived off it's atmosphere which was good, but after a while I found the dialogue and quests kind of boring. The dialogue was very black/white and lacked any edge. Party dialogue was very steriotypical as well. This is something many Bioware games I played have in common, but most of them make it up with a great plot. I found the DA:O plot not that intruiging, parts of it where cool though. The city elf starting plot and the mages plot where really good imho.

The best RPG I played so far was NWNII:MotB. It has a superb plot (if you know a little about Forgotten Realm lore) and superb characters. KotOR 1 was also really good. PS:T and The Witcher are still on my list to play.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just picked up DA:O Ultimate in the Steam sale for £4.99 and see that there is a modding section on the Nexus for it. Could someone point me in the direction of a modding guide for DA:O please.

Can ModOrganizer be used with it? I assume mods will broadly fall into retextures, bugfixes, gameplay and visuals categories?

I have just picked up DA:O Ultimate in the Steam sale for £4.99 and see that there is a modding section on the Nexus for it. Could someone point me in the direction of a modding guide for DA:O please.Can ModOrganizer be used with it? I assume mods will broadly fall into retextures, bugfixes, gameplay and visuals categories?

I don't believe MO currently supports DAO. I think NMM does though. Back when I was playing it we used DAO Mod Manager but that was long ago. Been looking to get back to it myself eventually.That being said I would love MO support in the future. It is quite similar in format to Beth games (dazip ~ bsa, has overwrite folder for loose files).

I have just picked up DA:O Ultimate in the Steam sale for £4.99 and see that there is a modding section on the Nexus for it. Could someone point me in the direction of a modding guide for DA:O please.

Can ModOrganizer be used with it? I assume mods will broadly fall into retextures, bugfixes, gameplay and visuals categories?

:thumbsup:

I personally use DAModder, but DAO Mod Manager is also fine. There's probably plenty of guides out there, but when I did my playthrough of DAO - DAA - DA2 (finished about a month ago or so), I used https://social.bioware.com/1736/blog/8671/ for DAO. I didn't use all of it, but I've used most of the ones on there.

DA modding is a different beast. The only time I ever had problems was with using Improved Atmosphere (in full)... was crashing in Denerim for some reason. I removed maybe half of it and then it was fine. Other than that, you have to try a lot harder to break things (vs. Skyrim, Bethesda in general). The one thing I can think of is, you can't modify the Steam version to use more than 2GB (I think) of memory... kind of like when we were all using the LAA patch for Skyrim. That and mods that mess with plot flags, are your 2 big concerns. If you stick with stuff vetted by guides like the above though, g2g.

Thank you - I will have a look and check the guide is still up to date.

There is an LAA Aware tool listed on the JB3textures Nexus page. Is this effective for DAO?

ACTUALLY...you might be in luck. I just Googled it (btw I didn't see a LAA tool on JB3textures page? not sure if we're looking at the same one) and someone literally just posted on an old thread discussing this LAA issue with a solution (hopefully). https://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1794735 Scroll to the bottom. I can't vouch for it of course, but definitely worth a shot!

For the guide, eh, "up to date" is kind of relative with DA. It's just not as active of a modding community. I'd be happy to share my mod list if you're interested.

Rather than PM, I'd suggest to create a separate thread for DA:O modding in Games section :)

I was going to eventually look into modding and replaying that game too, so a thread would be great where we can post questions, suggestions and generally support each other :)

That would be lovely - we should probably take this to a PM now. I would love to see the mod list.

If I have any DAO gameplay questions I'll start a fresh thread.

For sure, I'll do it when I get home.

Rather than PM, I'd suggest to create a separate thread for DA:O modding in Games section :)

I was going to eventually look into modding and replaying that game too, so a thread would be great where we can post questions, suggestions and generally support each other :)

~DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO~

...But yeah, good idea :yes: Share the love with everyone.

• 1 month later...