Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer and Release Date

Neovalen

Dungeon crawling, boss battles, and loot, lots and lots of loot. Yes, please.

Next year is crowded with AAA RPGs. I might have to take a sabbatical from work. Witcher 3 then DA:I, it would only get better if Fallout 4 came out next year.

Also, calling it now, next Mass Effect has same type of multiplayer. It will have both PvP and Co-op. Bioware tends to reuse the same type of gameplay and story telling for a few games.

Console is a travesty for Dragon Age games. There are tons of mods (similar to Skyrim). DA:O had mod tools and DA2 had tons of mods even though there was no CK. DA3 won't currently have any mod tools but they haven't ruled it out 100% yet.

agreed but i am so used to xbox controller I brought orgin in steam sale and i can't even get used to keyboard and mouse for Orgins. i am looking forward to playing DA:I as i did quite enjoy Dragon Age 2 and of course loved Orgins

Edited by Darth_mathias

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am sorry to say this but I do not get the Dragon Age hype. So far I have played DA:O and found it underwhelming. The setting and the world is really great but the the dialogue is kind of unoriginal, the characters seem stereotypical and the plot is ok, but not overly captavating. Personally, I think if a game lacks depth in decision making and interesting dialogue it has to live off a great plot. KotOR is such an example.

The character development mechanics in DA:O feel very mmorpg'ish, I really disliked that.

It's not that DA:O is a bad title, it is certainly a good game, I just think it doesn't deserve the hype. I think Baldur's Gate II just did so much of a better job on a "we are the heroes" type fantasy rpg. DA:O is more on par with NWN II vanilla or Storm of Zehir with better level design (imho Mask of the Betrayer is one of the best fantasy rpgs ever made btw).

From the videos Dragon Age Inquisition it looks kind of flashy. I couldn't help but think of a modern diablo clone.

What I'm really excited about is Witcher 3!

Edited by Spock

I actually really enjoyed the Neverwinter games. They kept me busy for hours! I get what you're saying about DA:O; however, it's just enough to keep you entertained. I just wish it was an open world environment like Skyrim.

Personally I'm more excited about the new Civilization game: Civilization: Beyond Earth than I am about the new DA game.

Isn't Civ: BE already out? I thought it hit yesterday. If you have a WiiU, I highly suggest Bayonetta 2. That game is bonkers, really nice departure from the typical stuff coming out these days.

After seeing the combat system and multiplayer stuff I'm pretty hyped for DAI. I like that Bioware actually took their time on this game. I kinda wish ME3 got an extra 6 months or year. The problem with their games is that they have this great group of story writers and squad based mechanic, so they don't try to reinvent the wheel. If you've played a Bioware today, then you know how to play one from 15 years ago.

No reason to not get both, they are not mutually exclusive as some people tend to allude. :D

No, they are certainly not mutually exclusive. They tend to have different approaches to the pc rpg genre though, both series probably compete for a similar marked. So a comparison is interresting imho.

I actually really enjoyed the Neverwinter games. They kept me busy for hours! I get what you're saying about DA:O; however, it's just enough to keep you entertained. I just wish it was an open world environment like Skyrim.

Personally I'm more excited about the new Civilization game: Civilization: Beyond Earth than I am about the new DA game.

I never said DA:O or NWN are not entertaining, I just think that DA:I is overhyped. It's a little like comparing the Spiderman movies to The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight being a masterwork doesn't mean the Spiderman movies are bad, they are highly polished hollywood movies and really enjoyable.

I'm simply more excited about Witcher 3 and Torment:Tides of Numeria and wanted to give a short critique as to why.

Btw: Did you play the Aielund Saga for NWN 1? It's an absolutely marvellous module!

My problem with 4x games is, that sadly the AI is often too stupid. Civ 4 with the k-mod has the most challenging non cheating (aside from some special cheese protection) AI I found so far. If you like the civ series you should definitely try it!

If you've played a Bioware today, then you know how to play one from 15 years ago.

Interface wise: Yes. But there have been some mechanical changes since they derived from the d20 system. Maybe I need to do another Baldur's Gate playthrough when BGII:EE is patched up and Sword Coast Stratagems is updated.