Gp Tutorials - Mod Organizer Part 6b - LOOT Now Working!

Apparently, these are accessible via the program itself?

I have not checked, but was told as much. Once Tannin chimes in regarding his opinion of these and all MO videos, we can construct an ideal presentation here or on the wiki and develop an 'official' format if one is desirable.

No, I've been talking with Tannin over the last few weeks. I uploaded the first 5 at once and then I made the last 2 as issues were discovered and being fixed. There is a link when you download Mod Organizer to my youtube page where they currently are. As the STEP administrators suggested I should also created a nexus page where it will be easier for people to find all in one place. I will attempt to work on that tonight. Hopefully these are helpful = )

Instead of creating a single 30 minute video. I wanted to create short and to the point editions so that you can find out what you want to find out without having to listen to everything else that you may already know. 

-michael

gamerpoets

I agree that short and focused videos are the best approach for people like me (and for most others, I would guess).

Once Tannin indicates his preference, we will host accordingly.

Thanks for taking the time to make and maintain these videos :;):

Not viewed yet as just seen this I have seen other vids by GamerPoet though they were reviews but well made.

The Vividian ENB one he made comes to mind as a good one. Will check out on Home PC.

All well made guides are welcome whatever the format.

I think a STEP Video Guide would be awesome. IT would be a bit of a project though, depending on how you did it. I would advise that you consider waiting until we release 2.3.0 or even 2.3.1 though. Then the methodology will be more stable I think. We have some changes in the pipeline.

Feel free to PM me about this when you want to think about it more.

Viewed them all last night.

Generally very well made, short, very short, but not been done that way before and given the short attention span most people have, not a bad idea.

Improvements

Should show the easiest way for beginner first, not your way, like renaming Mods (I rename also), it's not a beginner step, though mentioning that it can be done is fine.

Assume your audience knows absolutely nothing and always give them the standard setup, first and foremost.

One exception to that rule is using "Program Files (x86)" as default location, it isn't recommended with UAC and/or without Admin Rights (Applies to Steam also).

You have a Game Drive (So do I) but only mention files being there is personal choice. The modding reasons are the priority. personal preferences should be avoided if possible and explained as such if not.

MO v1.1.2 is current Stable release, using the Betas isn't for beginners and being Betas the info can change. LOOT video is out of date again, also Internal LOOT is for quick repeat sorting of established setup. It does not replace full LOOT, you did show this but only as a workaround to first beta fault.

You are already talking to Tannin, which is great, having a video ready to post when the Betas become the stable is the best way to go.

Summary

Very Good videos and factually accurate (very important, in a guide) certainly a welcome addition.

My points above are all about giving good advice to beginners, learnt through experience and feedback.

Everything ever made can be improved.

The videos are good advice and that is always a welcome addition.

The one thing I've learned, that's the most important lesson for all.

The more ways a topic is explained the greater the number of people who understand it.

One guide confuses the reader another lights the way.

Yet for the next reader, it's the other way round.

Should STEP / MO Support Link to them ?

Yes, as soon as possible.