247 replies to this topic

#241 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

What version of Win10? Many reports of the so-called "Creator" update (v1703 I believe) breaking MO's functionality. Your report is more to do with MO than LOOT as these sort of reports are almost never heard of with non-MO users.

#242 Lord_Ant

Lord_Ant

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Can't seem to edit my post. 

But I think I figured it out, she has two copies of Steam, one on her SSD and another on her Data drive, I think that's the issue.

Removing one and seeing if it fixes it.

#243 pStyl3

pStyl3

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:27 AM

How are you guys and girls doing over at STEP? ::): LOOT has been worked on continuously and it's current release version is 0.12.4 (changelog)

On important occasion (GitHub dropped old TLS standards) I want to note, that Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 8) users now additionally need to enable TLS 1.2 support in order for LOOT to continue to work. It will likely also help to update Windows.

It would be great if STEP could adjust it's recommendations accordingly to refelct this. It would probably also be good to mention, that users that install LOOT manually (that is, using the preconfigured archive and not the installer) need to make sure, that the MSVC 2015 x86 redistributable is installed on their system (the installer automatically installs this, if it isn't already installed on the users PC).

Thanks.

#244 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

How are you guys and girls doing over at STEP? ::): LOOT has been worked on continuously and it's current release version is 0.12.4 (changelog)

On important occasion (GitHub dropped old TLS standards) I want to note, that Windows 7 (and possibly Windows 8) users now additionally need to enable TLS 1.2 support in order for LOOT to continue to work. It will likely also help to update Windows.

It would be great if STEP could adjust it's recommendations accordingly to refelct this. It would probably also be good to mention, that users that install LOOT manually (that is, using the preconfigured archive and not the installer) need to make sure, that the MSVC 2015 x86 redistributable is installed on their system (the installer automatically installs this, if it isn't already installed on the users PC).

Thanks.

I've updated the mod page. As for the MSCV, we specifically instruct to use the installer version so adding any information beyond that is going outside the scope of the Guide. 

#245 pStyl3

pStyl3

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:23 PM

I've updated the mod page. As for the MSCV, we specifically instruct to use the installer version so adding any information beyond that is going outside the scope of the Guide. 

Thank you. ::):

#246 mentaltyranny

mentaltyranny

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

LOOT dropped the whole Global Priorities sorting method, and replaced it with the option to assign mods to Groups.  They also made a flow chart editor so you can easily adjust which Groups load first.  However, we are now unable to follow STEP instructions regarding assigning Global Priorities.  Below are the mods effected and their new default Group (in parenthesis):

• ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp (Lighting)
  • RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp (Default)

The others, thankfully, are all "Load after..." LOOT instructions.  What should we do with these mods?  Which Groups are comparable to the old Global Priorities?  Any help is appreciated!

#247 kabepo

kabepo

Citizen

• Contributors
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:51 AM

Use a version of LOOT which works with the current STEP guide - LOOT 0.12.5 - and use priorities as usual.

And when the STEP guide has been updated for the new LOOT, then use the newer LOOT with its new groups feature.

#248 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,493 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:29 AM

This was already planned for in STEP v3.0.0. There are currently no LOOT rules for the upcoming release. It'll be as simple as sorting and done. The STEP Patches handle the rest.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: utility, load order

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users