White Phial Replacer (by Saerileth)

phryxolydian

This is basically all the lore we have on it: "The White Phial is a legendary bottle forged in the days when Skyrim was just starting to turn to ice. The small container was made of the magically infused snow that first fell on the Throat of the World, and possesses amazing alchemical properties. It is said that the Phial will replenish whatever fluid is placed inside of it. It was made by the master alchemist Curalmil in ancient times, and the Phial was buried with him. In 4E 201, after a lifetime of searching all across Tamriel, the Altmer alchemist Nurelion finally located the Phial and had it retrieved, only to find that it had been broken. His apprentice managed to repair the Phial, but not before his master died. It was last seen in the possession of the Last Dragonborn."...and then this note:"During Nurelion's convalescence, I've been studying the legends of the Phial. I don't know enough of enchanting to make one anew, but with the proper materials, I may be able to repair the original.Please come see me as soon as you can.Respectfully,Quintus Navale, Windhelm"

On the size, the White Phial always looked out of place to me next to the gigantic potion bottles anyway. While I agree its huge, so are all of the potions in Skyrim. They could all use a good shrink.

There's a mod to fix that. I can't remember it's name, though. It either in STEP, SR:LE or it was posted in a thread somewhere for testing.

So many things in skyrim that are not to scale in general. I think that bottles are probably one of the things that annoy me the least. In fact I generally prefer them to have some size.. since really small models... you kinda cant really see them. 

Just do a no handle version S. I know you would rather not, but the original does not have one and then it wouldn't require Dawnguard. I really think DLC promotion should be avoided. It's such a crafty way Bethesda get us to buy the DLC (give out free tools, community makes good mods that require DLC - profit).  :;): I know you had to do that, but I am talking about a optional version after all, not the current. It would still be amazing without said handle. Take your time.

*sigh* Very well, I'll make a handleless version one of these days, along with the size variants. Though it doesn't look like it'll be STEP core material anyways. And on the off chance that it is, I insist that you stick a note on it somewhere that a prettier version is available for people who own Dawnguard.

About the "DLC promotion"... honestly I think the fact that Skyrim is as moddable as it is is friggin awesome, at any rate Bethesda certainly didn't have to make it so easy for us, or publish an entire Wiki along with their CK. Using that generosity against them and suggesting it was only greed on their part is pretty miserly. Whatever the motivation, the DLCs have been on sale so much lately, they're practically giving them away for free. But let's agree to disagree, shall we?

• +1 2

None of which implies that the phial cannot have a metal handle...

... which is derived from TES5 DLC assets.

Sorry for finishing your sentence, but you did leave it hanging out there. Nice work with the adaptation of Auriel's Bow btw.

And regarding Beth's income stream, how often do these games come out? I purchse the DLC as it becomes available because full price amortized over 5+ years is still only $20usd or so per year for a game I play the hell out of.

Edited by redirishlord

Non-DLC version and optional scaled down bottles are out. The smaller variants are manual installation only at the moment, if someone here feels like making a fomod installer for them (preferably with screens) I'd appreciate it, right now I just do not have the patience myself.

And if I get one more comment about "why u have useless .esp?!" I'm about to bite someone. I get that they don't mean ill, but is it so hard to read a friggin sticky post? It's frustrating to no end, I didn't ask for this.

Edited by Saerileth
  • +1 1

Definitely bite someone, it will be a good lesson to the others. Remember, it was victim precipitated violence, pretty sure that will hold up in court (I've used it before, worked).

You sure? Doesn't look like it's working for Luis Saurez.

Aren't human bites the most deadly you can get? All the stuff we eat makes the bacteria in our mouths like super deadly when it hits the blood stream. I'd actually go for the Twinkie defense, and say it caused you to snap.

EDIT: Damn, those look good.

Oh, I'll just sparkle my way out of court :D Thanks for cheering me up, guys. :)

I think I like the 80% version best. The "naked" version didn't turn out as bad as I'd though, somehow it makes the design look a lot slimmer. It's not perfectly symmetrical though, here is a slightly weird upslanting angle along the base of the bottle on one side, where the handle used to be - changing that would be way too much work, so I'll leave it.

Oh, I'll just sparkle my way out of court :D Thanks for cheering me up, guys. :)

I think I like the 80% version best. The "naked" version didn't turn out as bad as I'd though, somehow it makes the design look a lot slimmer. It's not perfectly symmetrical though, here is a slightly weird upslanting angle along the base of the bottle on one side, where the handle used to be - changing that would be way too much work, so I'll leave it.

One of the best episodes. Stan has no clue what is happening the whole time.

Symmetry is way overrated. Is the universe symmetrical? Well, actually we don't know, but our current understanding is that it is not. It's still quite beautiful. Actually, in four dimensions it's a lopsided doughnut, hmm.

Well according to some models it is anyways... but this is not the place for the finer points of cosmological modeling! It is the place for the finer points of bottle modeling! 

That said then I still like what ya are doing Saer! Amazeing progress you have made imo