2 replies to this topic

#1 Ubeogesh

Ubeogesh

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

I have just bought a PNY GTX 770 4GB (assembling a new PC for a mate) and decided to compare it to my GTX 780 Ti in Skyrim.

I have Core i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Windows 8.1 x64 and 337.50 drivers.

I play on 2560*1080 resolution using FlawlessWidescreen software. My FOV is 90. I use RealVision ENB, ELFX, STEP Core and other mods. Mod list: http://1drv.ms/1jEWKoD (the Live Another Life ESP was disabled during testing). During the test FPS was not limited. Benchmark was performed using Fraps 3.5.99 Build 15619. Benchmark was done during standard intro starting from the moment when the screen fades in up to the moment where auto save occurs

Here is the result

Posted Image

Average FPS on 780 Ti: 59.23

Average FPS on PNY 770 4GB: 43.77

Edited by Ubeogesh, 23 May 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#2 crime_syndicate

crime_syndicate

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing

#3 PingouinMalin

PingouinMalin

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

"Resurerrect dead topic":

Thanks Ubeogesh, I'm currently wanting to upgrade my GC and hesitating between those two so your graph is useful.

I still have a question for you people who know Skyrim like the back of your hand and have tweaked with it so much :

I play on a 1680*1050 display, and I want to play with something equivalent to the MMO + weather packs or Requiem + weather + war ensemble packs. In the most beautiful world possible. And with decent FPS. And I am known to sprinkle three or four additional mods. And I love grass (aah, Dat grass, old companion fromy my last-year run...).

So far, my 760 2gb is handling everything fine EXCEPT the enb which destroys framerate regularly (and, if combined with a script heavy place, can lead to a death of my session by freezing whereas it runs quite okay without said enb).

And, I WANT AN ENB !! It is the cornerstone of my beautiful Skyrim (which goes from good looking to "oh my god, you're so gorgeous, marry me !"... erm).

So, question(s) : considering all that, is the 780 ti so much better despite it has only 3gb VRAM or are the 4gb of the 770 the deal ? Out of curiosity (I am not buying it !), would a 780 titan and its 6gb be even better ?

I have an i54670 and 8gb of ram to play with (by the way would 16gb of ram be any useful ?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users