Is there a utility to export esp info to csv?

ipmlj

Question

I've been looking around for a utility that can export esm/esp information to a csv file.

The only partial solution I can find is Wrye Bash. However, the information it can export is limited and there aren't any options that I can find to change the data that is exported.

Purpose: I'm compiling excel worksheets that contain data on ammunition, armor, weapons, recipes, etc.. to find inconsistencies and duplicates so I can patch them.

For Example: ARMO data - EDIDs, MODIDs, NAMEs, Weight, Value, Armor Rating, Keywords, Flags (i.e. not playable). I can get some of these through the Wrye Bash export function but have to combine the data from the different files but am still missing data such as keywords and flags.

Edit: The only other extremely tedious solution is using a text capture program to copy paste info from the CK. It works but takes forever when dealing with over 12,000 items.

Edited by ipmlj

The people to ask for those type of utilities are the power modders. Try the Unofficial Patch Team, kryptopyr who made some spreadsheets for Weapon and Armor Fixes, the TES5Edit threads on the Beth forums, or maybe someone like Sharlikran or Lojack that develop Wrye Bash.

I expect it could be done with TES5Edit scripts. There is a script for exporting and importing weapon statistics (Skyrim - Export and import weapons stats from spreadsheet file.pas), and it could likely be expanded for what you want.

I'm not aware of any tools like that, but I'd be very interested to know if you do find one. 

You can export dialogue data to a csv directly from the CK, but that's the only type of data that I've ever directly exported from an esm/esp to a spreadsheet.  I've created all my other spreadsheets by manually entering the information.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out that script Kelmych.  I'm going to have to take a look at that.  Mator may also be a good person to ask.  He's created a lot of very useful TES5Edit scripts and seems to be pretty open to user suggestions.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49373/?

• +1 1

Zilav is another person to ask. Much knowledge. Nice often. Helpful very.

That replace FormIDs script from Automation Tools is a godsend for me. I use it keep all my patche's FormIDs standardized from release to release since the merge script will change them.

I can write a TES5Edit script to output that data with tabs, so that you can copy and paste that data from the Messages tab into Excel.

I've written a ton of scripts, including one really crazy one for Sharlikran.

Posted Image

I worked up a simple script to output this data:

Form ID	EDID	FULL	Weight	Value	Rating0001396A	ArmorDaedricBoots	Daedric Boots	10	625	180001396B	ArmorDaedricCuirass	Daedric Armor	50	3200	490001396C	ArmorDaedricGauntlets	Daedric Gauntlets	6	625	180001396D	ArmorDaedricHelmet	Daedric Helmet	15	1600	230001396E	ArmorDaedricShield	Daedric Shield	15	1600	36
I'll add keywords, flags, and more record types tomorrow. Edited by fireundubh
  • +1 1

Wow, you guys have been amazingly helpful. I just wanted to report back about the Automation Tools for TES5Edit by Mator. He has a script already included via the QuickDisplay function that is very customizeable and exports to text or csv files. Getting ready to do a test run with it as I type this.

@fireundubh: I want to try your script as well..the tab delimited version may be just as good or better.

Wow, you guys have been amazingly helpful. I just wanted to report back about the Automation Tools for TES5Edit by Mator. He has a script already included via the QuickDisplay function that is very customizeable and exports to text or csv files. Getting ready to do a test run with it as I type this. @fireundubh: I want to try your script as well..the tab delimited version may be just as good or better.

How do you want keywords and flags presented? In a separate row indexed by the Form ID? Or a comma-delimited list in a single field of the same row?

Everything on the same row ideally, in its own column.

The AT QuickDisplay is good but I can't figure out the proper context for exporting the keywords. The example in mator's help file "KWDA[3]" doesn't work.

I have ARMO working:

Posted Image

Form ID	EDID	FULL	Weight	Value	Rating	Keywords	Flags0x00013105	ClothesBeggarRobes	Ragged Robes	1	1	1	ArmorClothing, ClothingBody, ClothingPoor, VendorItemClothing	0x00013106	ClothesBeggarBoots	Ragged Boots	1	1	0	ArmorClothing, ClothingBody, ClothingFeet, ClothingPoor, VendorItemClothing	0x000135BA	ArmorImperialShield	Imperial Shield	12	50	20	ArmorClothing, ArmorMaterialImperialHeavy, ArmorShield, ClothingBody, ClothingFeet, ClothingPoor, VendorItemArmor, VendorItemClothing	Constant HiddenFromLocalMap BorderRegion HasTreeLOD0x000136CF	ArmorImperialHelmetOfficer	Imperial Officer's Helmet	4	30	17	ArmorClothing, ArmorHeavy, ArmorHelmet, ArmorMaterialImperialHeavy, ArmorShield, ClothingBody, ClothingFeet, ClothingPoor, VendorItemArmor, VendorItemClothing	0x000136D4	ArmorImperialGauntlets	Imperial Bracers	4	15	10	ArmorClothing, ArmorGauntlets, ArmorHeavy, ArmorHelmet, ArmorMaterialImperialHeavy, ArmorShield, ClothingBody, ClothingFeet, ClothingPoor, PerkFistsSteel, VendorItemArmor, VendorItemClothing
What other record types did you want? Please be specific. Thanks! Edited by fireundubh

For the ARMO records, can you add EITM - Object Effect?

I need to look at the AMMO, COBJ, MISC records and write down the fields that are needed. I'll make some notes before I leave and edit this post. Many thanks Fireundubh for doing this. I'll try to be quick with the update.

Edit:

AMMO records:
FormID, EDID, Full-name, keywords, DataDamage, DataValue

COBJ records:
FormID, EDID, Items>Items>CNTO-Item>Item (the field that shows what item is required to create), Items>Items>CNTO-Item>Count (the field which shows how many of ingredient is required), CNAM - Created Object, BNAM - Workbench Keyword

MISC item records:
FormID, EDID, Full-name, Keywords, DataValue, DataWeight

Edit 2: I apologize for bailing out at the moment. I have to leave for a few hours...little league baseball games tonight for my boys. Will check back later tonight. Again, thank you for your help and work on this.
Edited by ipmlj

Are you sure you don't want keywords on a separate row? You can then copy the keyword rows to a different sheet and then link them.

As you can see from the screenshot, there can be a lot of keywords and you'll need a really tiny font to see the whole sheet at 1920x1080.

Are you sure you don't want keywords on a separate row? You can then copy the keyword rows to a different sheet and then link them.As you can see from the screenshot, there can be a lot of keywords and you'll need a really tiny font to see the whole sheet at 1920x1080.

Now that you mention it, it may be faster to put the keywords on seperate rows if they occupy one cell per keyword. The combined list as shown in your example is how I'll end up placing them. The only difference will be splitting them up into seperate columns.

Also, I completely forgot Weapons (WEAP records):

Record flags (if any), FormID, EDID, Full-name, kyewords, datavalue, dataweight, datadamage, DNAM - speed, DNAM - reach, EITM - Object Effect

Edited by ipmlj