Recommendations For Repacking Optimised Textures Into BSAs

DocClox

Question

Last night I finally bit the bullet and ran DDSOpt on my vanilla textures. So far so good.

Now then: I've been following the thread about Mod Organizer and BSA extraction with interest, and loose files don't seem to offer the advantages under MO that they did with Wrye Bash. So what I'd like to do is repack my optimised textures into new BSA files and give each one its own mod folder under MO, each with a dummy esp like the HRDLC archives. Between that, and copying the official DLCs into their own mod folders, I hope to be able get the optimised folders to override the vanilla textures, but not any fixes in the unofficial patches (or any other mods for that matter)

So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for repacking BSAs. I know I can do it with Archive.exe in the CK (but I'd prefer not to) and I assume the DDSOpt will do it if I choose an optimised folder as my source and specify whatever.bsa as the output file. Most of the other tools I know of aren't fully compatible with Skyrim BSAs, or at least complain about unknown header values)

In any event I'm away from the computer in question. So since I can't experiment directly, I thought I'd try and pick a few brains. 

Has anyone got an easy or efficient method for repacking these things? Are there any caveats I should be aware of? 

Any help greatly appreciated.