Detailing the Eldrich - Higher-Res Riekling (by ObsidianStag)

EssArrBee

Discussion thread:
Detailing the Eldrich - Higher-Res Riekling Architecture by ObsidianStag
Wiki Link

These are pretty much increased res of vanilla. Not totally made from scratch I believe, but an improvement.

vanilla->Eldrich low res
bridge
7wTxEKL.jpgiC2hzDV.jpg
bones and skull
bw4f4VY.jpgCjmEWGN.jpg
hut
1jYOeC6.jpgvWPxPnQ.jpg
tent
0Svsevb.jpg8aCSrR1.jpg

There are some textures in vanilla that just look awful and flat. These add some depth and look much better in game.

Yeah there was snow on everything outdoors except those huts for some reason. They have an animation though, so that might have something to do with it. Bridges, tents, and all the other stuff has snow when outdoors. That does make me kinda question how all that snow got into those caves in the first place? And how did it get underneath the reikling's stuff.

Yeah, but those pictures are like way into the cave, not even close to the entrance. I don't remember seeing any openings in the top either, just ice everywhere. I totally think there would be snow in the entrances, that would taper off as you got inward. Plus, all the fire would melt it deeper in the cave.

• 9 months later...

That one was abandoned during last testing. I say we add it. Probably have to hide the Stalhrim texture to keep Sparrows.

Final vote: Yes for Extended

I only say Extended due to the deviation from vanilla for the huts. This could be overlooked and be put in Core.