changing body-armor slot with TES5edit

MushRush

Question

Hi, 

I do have this small problem and I'm trying to work it. 

I have the leather Backpack

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13732

it's equipped in the same body slot for a piece of armor I wish to keep it also equipped with the leather backpack and not be removed.. they take the same slot, called: Body addon 6

now I tried to change this with TES5edit and I'm failing to understand how to make this possible. 

the piece of armor I'm mentioning here is a pauldron. 

I tried several times to give the Backpack a Decapitate slot, well the result is: I get the carrying capacity boost from the Backpack but I can't see it, it will not appear on my character! 

so what I'm doing wrong here? 

or 

can I get a guide on how to do this?

I use MO of course, and I launch TES5edit from MO.  

thank you guys.. 

4 answers to this question

Don't affect anything to the decapitate slot, that one is reserved.Here's the list of body slots that you can use, as well as the unofficial convention for what should be equipped on each slot.

Also, if using TES5Edit 3.0.31 (which is the current version on nexus), the slot names won't match those in the list, so just know that the last body part on the list in TES5Edit corresponds to slot 61, and work your way up from there.

thank you so much, it's really excellent post.. didn't take me much to figure it out.. I was confused with the slot names not matching TES5edit.. and you just explained it to me. 

thank you .. I'm trying every available slot to see how it work.. 

last thing: do I also need to edit the meshes with Nifskope, if I changed the slot form addon 6 to addon 14 for example ?