MOD Organizer Loads FNIS When I Click to Run Skyrim

Braden

Question

Whenever I click "Run" and "Skyrim" is selected in MOD Organizer, it launches FNISFNIS runs just fine and processes all of the animations from the "Data" directory on the virtual file system.  If I close FNIS either using the 'X' or the "Exit" button, MOD Organizer reports, "FNIS failed to run".  FNIS obviously ran just fine.

If anyone could assist me I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

Version Information:

MOD Organizer v1.1.2

FNIS v5.1.1

Skyrim v1.9.32.0

8 answers to this question

Dude, we cannot emphasize enough that you can't install stuff in the Program Files folder. You should just create a Games folder in C:/ and put everything in there. Steam, Origin, GOG, whatever. Also, Skyrim is Steam only, so not sure why it isn't the Steam directory dude?

To be honest though if you're doing it right, you shouldn't have any issues running it from the Program Files folder, however to err on the side of caution install it somewhere else, if you have a lot of Steam games you might need to use something like Steam Mover to do it.

If all else fails you can delete the plugin (plugins/checkfnis.dll). However mo only relays the error message from fnis. This means either the meaning of fnis return codes has changed or fnis did report an error/warning.

Regarding program files: since mo redirects file accesses you should in fact not need write access to the skyrim dir, so it can stay in program files. You do need write access to mo directories (including its mods dir) so THEY shouldn't be in program files

TBH, the directory name your Skyrim is installed in seems like a pirated version, considering that Steam versions (outside of Steam Mover) would end up under either "Steam/SteamApps/common" or "SteamLibrary/common", and even if you use Steam Mover, it would be outside of Program Files and be named "skyrim".