Snow (by ramccoid)

ramccoid

DoYouEvenModBro, on 17 Apr 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

You mean the FINAL version that's Prod's personal version? How does that differ from the default? Prod is a genius clearly but I have trouble understanding his explanations sometimes so I really have no idea.

Yup, that's the one. I went with that (I gathered from forum posts that prod80 likes what I like enb-wise) without testing his other presets. I've been happy so far (kinda bright for my taste indoors Bleak Falls Barrow, I would prefer being forced to use torch/lantern, perfect outdoors at night), especially with the performance gain (the step up to 5.0 full/opt still seems better than 4.2 perf).

Back on topic: I noticed a blue/purple tint to mist/particles in Bleak Falls Barrow foyer (first interior chamber) near ceiling. It may have been due to my removing Skyrim Performance  Plus - Snow FX (there is 1 .dds file not replaced by ramccoid's SNOW) or the Real Rain Optional Drops file I chose (the bluest/for enb). When I replaced SPP - Snow FX (overwritten by SNOW in my install order, Wrye/BAIN) and selected the middle Real Rain Optional Drops the issue was resolved (sorry for non-scientific approach here). If you uninstall SPP - Snow FX in favor of SNOW and encounter a missing snow texture, this may be it (just install SPP - Snow Fx & overwrite with SNOW, of replace the vanilla snowsub.dds file from backup).

tl;dr

Get SNOW & Leaves by ramccoid, definitely worthwhile IMHO.

I used his dandelion 512 but if I use his leaves than my pc will explode near riften. I already have exterior 2k textures with serenity full enb and it dips to like 22 fps around there. 

Me too, SPP per STEP overwritten by SNOW and the dandelions (my bad thought Leaves was the dandelions).

Safe to remove, is anything (besides textures)? You better ask someone more knowledgable than me to get an educated answer on that. I'm a complulsive restarter, in fact I may never get past 30-something in levels. I have high hopes for my current playthrough/mod order though, this may just be the one.

Edited by redirishlord

DoYouEvenModBro, on 17 Apr 2014 - 1:38 PM, said:

Is Real Clouds safe to remove if I don't like it? It has scripts. And I think you were actually the one who recommended Real Rain to me on the Serenity Forums.

It does utilize scripts so the standard warnings about removing apply, but the judicious use of the Save game script cleaner by Hadoram can set your mind to rest.

If no script instances for cloudscript shows up...no worries and no reason to clean...I use Real Clouds...myself but I don't run any weather mods.

• 1 month later...

Version 3 is nearly completed, will release maybe today or tomorrow and I consider it as being a great improvement over the other 2 versions. The snowflakes look more realistic now, thanks to Gamwich for showing me a new technique to better them. The overall effect to the blowing snow, looks more harsh and less subtle and gives the impression of a more hostile artic condition.