No STD folder in Vanilla Uncompressed Textures

peppergomez

Question

I have completed the DDS optimization process, and for whatever reason, there is no STD folder in my Vanilla Uncompressed Textures folder. My folder structure matches the structure in the example screenshot, otherwise.

Also, I named my STD folder this way: "STD (Skryim textures.bsa only)" as a way of reminding myself what files go in that folder. Will having changed the name of the folder be an issue?

Thanks.

Posted Image

5 answers to this question

Nooo. That's a problem. I hadn't looked carefully at the screenshot. The full STD folder can't just be copied into the individual folders. The best thing to do is to temporarily move all the folders except "STD" out of "Vanilla Extracted" and delete the STD folder from the other 4 "Vanilla ..." folders. Run the "2_Pre-optimization_2.74.bat" file and it will copy and sort the vanilla STD files into the proper folders. It won't affect the HRDLC or DLC files in these folders. If the HRDLC and DLC textures have already been optimized, then run DDSopt with input being the STD folder from each the 3 sorted folders (Vanilla Ordinary Files, Vanilla Normal Maps, Vanilla Uncompressed Textures) with the "STD" folder in "Vanilla Optimized" as the output (you may need to create an empty  "STD" folder in "Vanilla Optimized" before doing this).

The batch files expect that none of the folder names are changed, by the way. After all of the optimization is done, as phazer mentions, you can rename anything you want.