Wiki Link 

#2 Staind716

Staind716

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

This is a great idea but still has a while to go before I personally will use it. But the cloud textures are really, really good and I am using those instead of Dramatic Clouds. A lot of the lighting still needs quite a bit of balancing with this. In my opinion of course. :)

#3 EisDrache

EisDrache

Commander

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Yes I have to agree with that also. And the nights are really really dark like almost pitch black dark. It does have a little maturing before I fully use this mod also after the testing I have done.

#4 mightyusaid

mightyusaid

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Yes I have to agree with that also. And the nights are really really dark like almost pitch black dark. It does have a little maturing before I fully use this mod also after the testing I have done.

Hey how'd you just get the cloud textures. I opened up the manual files, i couldn't find it, do you know what the cloud texture file is called because all i see in the texture folder is COTcirrus, sun, sunglare. I really like the cloud textures plz help.

#5 jmad75

jmad75

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hey how'd you just get the cloud textures. I opened up the manual files, i couldn't find it, do you know what the cloud texture file is called because all i see in the texture folder is COTcirrus, sun, sunglare. I really like the cloud textures plz help.

I too am interested. I assume it would be the "cirrus" one. Does that include the stunning pink sunset I wonder.

#6 gwoody79

gwoody79

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

I am really enjoying my experience with this mod. I have tried just about every weather/lighting mod there is and this one fits right in with the best of them. It is good as-is now, and once the interiors get finished up no doubt STEP worthy mod IMO....

#7 MadWizard25

MadWizard25

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

Has anyone noticed if this mod is incompatible with the shadow striping fix? Im talking about the standalone shadow striping fix, not the one included with MDS :)

#8 skwareballz

skwareballz

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

The author has only talked about this being incompatible with SoS (patch is being worked on), and other lighting/weather mods.

#9 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

how's the rain and the snow with this? I really like Real Rain and More Snow, but would rather an all-in-one. I like that the nights are dark though, but is there a lot of blue hue like RLwC?

#10 Staind716

Staind716

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Sorry, I just checked back here and noticed this. I am using all of the files in the sky folder except for the two for sun. The clouds are great in this. I'm using these instead of Dramatic Clouds now. They are both really good but I like the PR clouds better personally.

#11 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Sorry, I just checked back here and noticed this. I am using all of the files in the sky folder except for the two for sun. The clouds are great in this. I'm using these instead of Dramatic Clouds now. They are both really good but I like the PR clouds better personally.

I assume you had to rename all the files in the sky folder? they are all prefixed with "CoT"

File List of CoT\Textures\

Edit: nvm, appears they just work without renaming?

#12 SIMONTOYOU

SIMONTOYOU

Prisoner

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

+1 for CoT. Been using it with Claralux, Lanterns all in one, Sounds of Skyrim (hasn't crashed yet), Frostfall, Imp's more complex needs, and more. CoT is also performance friendly.

#13 LeetMiniWheat

LeetMiniWheat

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

+1 for CoT.

Been using it with Claralux, Lanterns all in one, Sounds of Skyrim (hasn't crashed yet), Frostfall, Imp's more complex needs, and more. CoT is also performance friendly.

hmm, how well is it working with frostfall? I imagine some weathers it doesn't detect properly.

also, which parts of claralux did you have to disable for compatibility with lanterns all in one? I tried both separately but I liked lanterns more. that and claralux gave me a huge cart bug on a new game (spiraling off a cliff cart of doom)

#14 skwareballz

skwareballz

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

All the Claralux lights can be disabled from the console just get the codes of the mod's front page. You'll want to disable the road lights and bridge lights, but don't use V3A it's to buggy.

#15 Korentin

Korentin

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

FYI. "Final" Edition of Climates will be released this monday according to its author :) I'm still not sure if it will be compatible with Dawnguard though, his earlier statements has said it won't be...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dropped, accepted, mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users