Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lighting by JJC71

EisDrache

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Winter edition is a nice idea, but it doesn't work out as well as I hoped. The transitions between the ground textures are really really harsh. The snow which doesn't cover all of those textures multiplies this effect, which makes an overhaul decrease in visual quality. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this plugin for STEP, but I really like the idea...

Wow this is an unbelievable mod.  I disable Immersive thunder because I assumed it would cause issues.  I dont think sunglare does from what I read elsewhere. I believe on the nexus page forum. 

Anyways, the weather elements are fantastic.  I also tried the vanilla nights 7 from the top of the mountain near Riverwood, looked down upon riverwood and god damn it looks sweet.  Not too dark, as it seemed realistic with all stars in the sky.  I then tried 8 and didnt seem like there was that much of a difference so I think I will go with what.  It just looks so awesome.

Now I'll go install RLO and test that out for interiors and dungeons.

• 4 weeks later...

I use COT and love it, the atmosphere created is awesome. I tried the winter version but uninstalled it due to odd snow textures - e.g. crisp straight edges on the occasional snow texture(snow on 1 side, tundra on other, straight line in between), and other irregularities.

I have disabled Immersive Thunder as I could find no definitive info on COT 3.1 and Immersive Thunder 6.0.

Is there any definite answer?      

I like the immersive thunder sounds an awful lot. I came across 1 solution that suggested renaming and substituting the COT thunder sounds with Immersive Thunders, but that is way too finicky and inelegant for me, and any updates would to either would require even more work.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the intention to bring this back into STEP? I wanted to give it a whirl, but there's a lot of mods and I have no idea which ones I'd need to drop and which ones have compatibility patches. Off the top of my head I think Sounds of Skyrim have compatibility patches, so does Minty Lightning, but I don't know which other mods are impacted.

• 2 months later...

As per SR:

Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel

Author: JJC74

Version: 3.1

Optionals: Dawnguard Patch, Dragonborn Patch

I notice that Winter Edition and Sounds are not included under optionals.  Is this due to preference or do they interfere with other mods being used ?  

Thanks

They're just not I don't know the right term for it. Not lore friendly isn't technically true in the case of Winter Edition and I believe CoT Sounds conflicts with SoS. Plus it's a matter of preference, I personally don't like it and it also needs different versions of Sounds of Skyrim IIRC.

Also with frostfall installed it becomes a really .... brutal "game"... not even much of a game anymore since you essentially cant walk about without freezing so you start spending more time walking about then actually exploring dungeons etc.

• 3 weeks later...