F&L TTW Convergence Feedback

So is TTW usable with your guide or no. Is TTW incomplete or complete because if I could add TTW along with the patches above and have 2 very complete modded games in one then I'd enjoy that. Since there hasn't been a single comment in a month I'm going with that its too much work and too problematic.

You should check out the TTW site to obtain more info on its state of "completion". I intend to help by playtesting and whatnot, but I also work when there is money to be made and that's now. Likely EssArrBee is busy despite it being summer, a month isn't much time in the scheme of things. Perhaps have a go at setting up a TTW install and report your findings.

I would if I could (plahlays, halp *in Jovovich voice), but I know less than you. I've sniffed around the TTW site, read some, but haven't tried to set it up yet. They do have a chat roll over there, and Roy is really helpful (drop some classic metal references to get on his good side).

I've been RL busy, and playing / playing with Skyrim lately, I need to get back to FNV / start TTW soon (new Walking Dead season!).

Well, that was a breeze. The scripts make & step by step make it Red-proof, good stuff.

F&L Capital Wasteland seems unnecessary to me, who wouldn't want FO3 running on the FNV engine? It would be like playing something other than the FNV Ultimate or TES5 Legendary, why ... before anyone says it my answer is Steam Sale (a wise Incompatibilism Manager tipped me off to a $5 FO3 deal, no kidding).

Anyway, I'm planning to setup both F&L+ (maximized Mojave goodness) & ToF&L (everything compatible that's fit to cram[TM] in there) profiles, and then clone them for separate characters &/or mod testing.

Dude. When I get home is there anyway you can help me with my UI? I can't get TTW to be nice to JIP C&C.

I swear that I am not retarded, but I DID onetime wonder my .ini wasn't working. It turned out it was called skyrimprefs.inii.TXToops, just saw the above. Showed you as offline. Welp, I will do the best I can. and hopefully not get mad....

Why you heff to be maid?

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

Well, I followed F&L FNV and had that pretty well dialed in, I just haven't been playing with it for the past few months. As far as TTW, I haven't ventured down that rabbit hole, yet, just downloaded various mods & I think I might have done the NMC texture setup (can't remember now).

Re- UI, I just followed SRB's instructions, but I haven't added JIP C&C yet (intend to, just haven't got around to it).

When I find time to game lately I've been all up in Skyrim, got this whole Forsworn / Hunterborn thing going on. I guess its not much of a change playing FNV hardcore in the wasteland, replacing hunting with "prospecting", maybe this weekend?

Well, I followed F&L FNV and had that pretty well dialed in, I just haven't been playing with it for the past few months. As far as TTW, I haven't ventured down that rabbit hole, yet, just downloaded various mods & I think I might have done the NMC texture setup (can't remember now).

Re- UI, I just followed SRB's instructions, but I haven't added JIP C&C yet (intend to, just haven't got around to it).

When I find time to game lately I've been all up in Skyrim, got this whole Forsworn / Hunterborn thing going on. I guess its not much of a change playing FNV hardcore in the wasteland, replacing hunting with "prospecting", maybe this weekend?

Nifty. I will skulk around the TTW Chatroom and ambush RoyBatty. He apparently helped with a lot of the DarnUI that is tweaked for TTW.

Edited by FamousDeadGuy

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone try to get TTW to work with MO?

I'm playing TTW with MO right now, it's quite a blast, but my playthrough is only 10 hours long right now (+ some hours setting it up), so my feedback is only limited.

I followed Fear and Loathing STEP guide and am using MO with LOOT.  My load order and packages list are here: https://pastebin.com/2hA9XKBU

The problems I had so far seem to be unrelated:

Unknown source:

- the UI has messed up three times: the bottom text from the cross-hair when you hover over something (name + weight + value) goes all the way up on the screen, with the name part outside of the area, leaving only the weight+value info, and the [empty] tag visible.  I don't know yet how I'll tackle that one.  I had to quit the game and reload a previous save.  Strangely happened twice in the TTW Interior Project, and the third time it's near an outside place that might have been added by that too, but I really don't see how it could be related, so I'll wait and see.

Unrelated:

- Fake Fullscreen (nexus: 41381): once I couldn't launch the game anymore.  Took me a while to figure out, until I found out that Fake Fullscreen was working alone as a process, which I ended.  Apparently Fake Fullscreen was also the source of my drivers crashing and recovering when I exited containers or conversations (GTX285).  Seems to work fine now that I start from just the 4GB Loader (I use the one from the nvse site)

- Wrye Flash: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5891-no-more-bash-tags-and-bashed-patch/  (thank you so much to EssArrBee :D).  That was during the mods installation though, not while playing.

Aside from those problems with Fake Fullscreen earlier, no CTD so far.

I fixed the crashing drivers using this post https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/764935/getting-the-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-messageevery-5-minutes/ , for me it was the power management change that did it.  Also confirming that the interface problem happened at other places and was indeed not linked to the TTW Interior Project (a mod that just rules by the way).

I'm in the Mojave now, had no problems for the last few hours.  I don't really get the 'alpha' status of TTW, but I suppose it's better to stay on the safe side and avoid giving people too high expectations.  I'll hope that it remains as stable.

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed the crashing drivers using this post https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/764935/getting-the-nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-messageevery-5-minutes/ , for me it was the power management change that did it.  Also confirming that the interface problem happened at other places and was indeed not linked to the TTW Interior Project (a mod that just rules by the way).

I'm in the Mojave now, had no problems for the last few hours.  I don't really get the 'alpha' status of TTW, but I suppose it's better to stay on the safe side and avoid giving people too high expectations.  I'll hope that it remains as stable.

You should probably explain your workarounds to the TTW crew with MO. I think they would like to know that MO is use-able.

• +1 2

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm TJ from the Tale of Two Wastelands team. This thread was just brought to my attention so I thought I'd post to maybe give some insight.

• I use MO with TTW myself, but most team members use the newest FOMM. With the creation of UIO most of the issues with using MO with TTW have been dealt with.
  • TTW's latest release features a new installer. This takes a 1 hour + install and brings it down significantly, and if you're using MO you can skip FOMODs and drop your main files folder in your MO mods folder (for me the installer went from 50 minutes to 7 minutes from starting the installer to playing the game.)
  • TTW is getting very near feature complete. Most of the older issues have been fixed and it is now very stable when the rest of your load order is stable.

When I saw F&L I was bummed that TTW wasn't shown any love. I'd like to see a F&L TTW version as I think the STEP setup is great for people who don't know much about these games and it would be fantastic to have one for TTW. I'd even link to your site from ours.

If you continue with this feel free to stop by twowastelands.com / taleoftwowastelands.com with any questions or for any advice.

Hi. I'm TJ from the Tale of Two Wastelands team. This thread was just brought to my attention so I thought I'd post to maybe give some insight.

• I use MO with TTW myself, but most team members use the newest FOMM. With the creation of UIO most of the issues with using MO with TTW have been dealt with.
  • TTW's latest release features a new installer. This takes a 1 hour + install and brings it down significantly, and if you're using MO you can skip FOMODs and drop your main files folder in your MO mods folder (for me the installer went from 50 minutes to 7 minutes from starting the installer to playing the game.)
  • TTW is getting very near feature complete. Most of the older issues have been fixed and it is now very stable when the rest of your load order is stable.

When I saw F&L I was bummed that TTW wasn't shown any love. I'd like to see a F&L TTW version as I think the STEP setup is great for people who don't know much about these games and it would be fantastic to have one for TTW. I'd even link to your site from ours.

If you continue with this feel free to stop by twowastelands.com / taleoftwowastelands.com with any questions or for any advice.

Awesome. Its like peanut butter and chocolate. Time to rebuild my treasure trove.